Coffe~cream & sugar

Options

Replies

• NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, but I take 5 Tbsp of my sugar-free hazelnut or french vanilla creamer in a large mug. And if I have two cups- uugh!
  • angieshow3
    angieshow3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up my cream and sugar but I've managed to cut down the calories by drinking less, or using sugar free creamer and I have also used coconut milk which has less calories as well. You have to live a little and I am not negotiating on this one! :drinker:
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    bought a big box of the premeasured french vanilla creamers... only 30 calories a pop and I'm not deprived.. throw some splenda in there.. and I'm good!
  • amandabogart12
    Options
    You are not alone I cannot give up mt french vanilla creamer every morning I just wouldn't be me without my coffee and creamer! So don''t feel bad about it just do some more walking and that will take care of it thats what I do! :)
  • mamnboston
    mamnboston Posts: 81
    Options
    I treat myself once a week to a small Dunkin Donuts iced coffee with cream and sugar but the rest of the time I stick with skim milk and splenda or sweet and low
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<< this girl must have coffee. With cream & sugar or she gets very cranky. I have been able to cut back. Before mfp I was drinking 3 cups a day @ least each with 2 tsp sugar and who know how much fat free french vanilla creamer, enough to make it 'blonde'.

Now 1 to 2 cups from my Keurig. 1 tsp sugar and down to one tablespoon of creamer. Sometimes two depends. I will not cut out any more sugar & creamer. I look forward to my morning coffee & fully intend to enjoy every sip. If I need to walk extra to have my creamer so be it. I also have been trying more flavors to mix it up a bit. Now I also enjoy Peppermint Mocha & Chocolate Caramel.

If I am in this for the long haul as a lifestyle change it has to be enjoyable & doable or it will be a failure.
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    I use flavored creamer in mine. I drink a smaller cup than I used to and measure out a serving of creamer so my coffee is drinkable without adding more sugar. :)
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I get a cup of coffee at work or a keurig K-cup at home every day, with a packet of Splenda+fiber and 2 Tbsp of Coffeemate Natural Bliss (no HFCS or oils). Total = 72 cals.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    If you take away my coffee with cream and sweet n low...well, you just don't want to do that.

Now, I have cut back to one large a day (occasionally on the weekends, 2)

I factor it in to my macros....it's all good.

I have to have one vice, geez :)
  • radial
    radial Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of coffee, and every cup includes 1oz of half 'n half and a packet of Splenda. I figured out the calories involved in my average daily intake, and it's just a standard item in my food log now.
  • loraloha74
    loraloha74 Posts: 169
    Options
    So I used to feel this way too until I tried this Kenyan coffee that my parents get in Berkeley. Its so delicious black and I have gone since January without using milk and sugar. Its a little more expensive but so worth it. If its really something you want to give up, I would suggest trying out different types of coffee until you find one that hits the spot!
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies and helpful hints. I'm going to try some of these new ideas. I image I will be back to my fav, but that ok:bigsmile:
    Have a great weekend:drinker:
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I have not, nor will I ever deprive myself of my coffee. I can't function without. Cream and sugar, oh yeah, you bet.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I drink at most 2 cups of coffee when I am at work, but I always add cream and sugar. I figure if i can't afford those few calories, then I have bigger problems.
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Gotta have cream and sugar!
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I have my coffee, cream and sugar, goes right into my diary! So no you are not alone. :smile:
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have given up so much, there is NO WAY that I am giving up my coffee...I drink it with with just cream though. Sometimes I will get flavored creamer, but mostly Coffeemate is all I use.
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    to be honest i just gave it all up. im a coffee junkie, but i found a good way to kick it. i subbed out my coffee for absoulte zero monster energy drink. after a few days without the coffee it was more a mental thing kicking the caffiene. i stopped using any energy drinks or coffee in the am. it took me a few days of feeling like a zombie but i have felt great with plenty of energy the last few days. i have a smoothie for breakfast and thats it. i sometimes miss the coffee but i dont miss the calories from the cream and sugar
  • karencogs
    karencogs Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    They have fat free half and half at the food store..It is really Good..Count your sugar as a snack..:smile:
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Cream and sugar? Nope.

Milk and chocolate sauce? YEP.

Never ever gonna give it up. I'll give up dessert instead.