Sweet toothed yo-yoer looking for support

Options
Hi all,

I'm 29 years old from the UK and I guess the title says it all :)

I used MyFitness Pal religiously for about a year and got down from 175lbs to 131lbs, but at the start of Dec 2011 I got complacent and stopped logging foods, cut my gym time back and well, here I am 5 months later and 19lbs heavier- a real shock when I first stepped back on the scales! Started logging food again a few days ago and I can see that snacking on chocolate is one of the main culprits, I also need to go to the gym more (currently twice a week).

Last time around I went solo but I'd love to add a few friends to keep me motivated this time, hopefully we can support each other :)

Replies

• PastryWizKid
    PastryWizKid Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Add me i just started and I'm lookin for the same thing as you
  • MzRKP
    MzRKP Posts: 19
    Options
    Add me too! I'm 20 lbs heavier and I don' t even know how I got here... More eating of course... Food is good! LOL but logging your foods does help you see what you're doing.
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I had lost 50lb on Weight Watchers for a friend's wedding and afterwards I relaxed. Six months later I had gained 32 lb! :/ I knew it, but for some reason I didn't stop it. So here I am!
  • RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm more a saltaholic then a sweet tooth but we're all having the same issue! Please feel free to add me & I wish you all the best :)
  • sheanna00
    sheanna00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well I guess we are in the same boat! My fitness pal is great and it is nice to have friends to hold you accountable and motivate you. I'm more of an emotional eater with a sweet tooth. I'm getting better though little by little:)
  • cherridawnn
    cherridawnn Posts: 53
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm not able to log on during the weekends, but I'm here all week! :-)
  • sdm329
    sdm329 Posts: 57
    Options
    Feel free to add me because I don't have just a sweet tooth, I have sweet teeth. LOL That has been and probably will always be my weak link. We could all use as much support that we can get, so I'l give as much as I can.
  • lrobinp
    lrobinp Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I have the same problem. Sweets absolutely consume my thoughts! I'm new to this, hoping I can stick to it. I lost almost 100 pounds 5 years ago, and have picked 50 of it back up during the last 3. Lots of stress, night shift, and lack of willpower. Hoping to make a change, so sick of myself! I could use some support also!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I love sweets and snacking. Feel free to add me for part of the support network if you like.
  • jdbenhass
    jdbenhass Posts: 2
    Options
    Same here - lost 60 pounds - but stuck in this 10 up 10 down rut - just want to keep going down for a change - need to log every day or I just don't realize how much I am stuffing into my mouth. Add me for supoort - we can all do this together:smile:
  • cyoung6621
    cyoung6621 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well....I need all the help/support I can get!
  • thatgirlmarla
    thatgirlmarla Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too... I did the exact same thing. This time last year I was nearing my goal, then summer came and I let myself go, stopped going to the gym, started eating out more and snacking. Now I'm right back up to 178 where I started in January 2011. I really would like to be about 135 again. Just started back this week. I do better with some accountability.
  • carysj
    carysj Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi, I've never come across anybody that has drifted over summer before, I always drift over winter when I start eating stidy dinners and come Christmas the house is full of chocolate. Good luck keeping on track this summer, I've sent you an add and hopefully to everybody else in this thread :)
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    lol I usually drift during the winter too. It's bdays, Thanksgiving, coworkers bringing goodies to work and Christmas!