Options
csmith091
csmith091 Posts: 12 Member
Height: 5'9
Starting: 160
Current: 149
Goal: ~135

Why I'm Posting:
Hi. My name is Catherine. I've been using Myfitnesspal for about a year now, to track calories and in total have lost 11 of the 25 pounds I'd like to. The reason I'm only now taking to the chat boards is I feel like I need some motivation and people to be accountable to. Lately, I've been slacking and hovering between 146-150 on a day to day basis but never breaking past this hurdle.
I'm only 19 and I'm a student, so most of my friends have no, or minimal, weight issues thus making it difficult to find support at home. I have always struggled with my weight, since I was little, and wish to tone up and find my ideal diet plan that keeps me healthy.

A little more about me:
I am a sophomore at USF in Florida, I'm majoring in Biomedical Sciences; I'm trying to become a Doctor so, I study my butt off all the time. I work part-time, as well. I am Irish (born there, as were my parents), but I have pretty much ALWAYS lived in the South. I ADORE cuisine and cooking, as well as eating!!! I have the most darling boyfriend, who is as skinny as can be and does not understand my fitness kick but supports it. I have an amazing family who I love more than the world. AND- I am determined to use what I learn to stay fit my whole life, because I want to be healthy.

Tell me about yourselves :)

Replies

• phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see people trying to start taking care of themselves at such an early age. Myself, I waited until i thought it was gong to become a problem. I always worked out at a gym (25+ years now), but never watched what I ate. Now I have high cholesterol and high blood pressure. My father died young with Diabetes...I'm never letting that happen to me.

Anywho, I sent a request. Hope you have success in the final few pounds and throughout all you hope to achieve!
  • ScarredVampiress
    Options
    If you need a friend, I'm here for you. I'm 20, and slightly shorter than you by about an inch, weighing in at 59,5ish now/ 132 lbs? around there ha. I've never had problems with my weight and have never been 'overweight' but for the past year I've been looking at myself and going 'EW!' so I just started losing weight after I lost some a few months ago(from gaining 6kg after a HORRID breakup). Feel free to add me! :) I'm super friendly. haha

Sarah
  • lindaschultz45
    lindaschultz45 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi Catherine!

WTG on the weight you have lost already. I'm Linda from Memphis, TN. It is great that you are concern with being healthy so young. My daughter will soon be 17 and a Senior in high school. This past year she and I made up our minds to get back to being a healthy weight.

I fear when she starts nursing school she will be faced with much of what you spoke about. It's so easy to just grab bad snacks while studying and not realizing how much you are eating. Stress is be a real demon in the weight loss journey as well.

I think keeping healthy snacks available might help and those that make you feel full. Do your best to find time to get a workout in. I know for me, if I can get my in first thing in the mornings, I seem to be more alert and focused during the day.

Keep strong and you are welcome to friend me if you would like. I love cheering people on and offering encouragement to stick with it because we all need that at times.

It's nothing like logging in and see one of my friends getting a good workout in. I know when I see their posts it helps me keep going and you are so right, it gives you a sense of accountability.

Linda
  • csmith091
    csmith091 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that everyone on here seems to be interested in weight-loss for all the right reasons (staying healthy, whatnot) as opposed to crash dieting just to be slim. I added all of you, and accepted everyone who requested me. :) Thanks for the support, everyone!