Having trouble drinking enough water

2»

Replies

• WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    just read a blog that used the rubber band trick. for every glass/bottle/cup you need to drink put a rubber band on. for instance: i need to drink 5 of my water bottles to get to my goal so i put 5 on. every time i finish a bottle i move it to the other wrist. so far it seems to help motivate me becasue i visually see my goal. good luck to you!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Drink when you are thirsty, stop when you aren't. It's that simple. Most actual medical recommendations are for 4 cups of fluid a day. 8 cups is a myth. Most of the water we get a day actually comes from food, some people get enough fluid from food that they don't need to drink anything. Drinking more than you need doesn't have any benefit, other than wasting water.

So again, if you're thirsty, drink. Otherwise don't worry about it, and don't get hung up on an arbitrary number.
  • Ssicaaa
    Ssicaaa Posts: 15
    Get a water bottle, and sip on it all day. Start sipping on it as soon as you wake up, then start chugging it towards the afternoon.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Make your water colorful.......add bits of dried fruit, sliced strawberries, lemons, lime, kiwi..even grapes and cherries.

You'll find yourself WANTING to refill your glass when the water is so "pretty". And all the fresh fruit makes it extra yummy..with very few calories.

Water for the body is like sunlight for flowers....ESSENTIAL!!!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    OMG I'm filling up my bottl now!! I don't want to get kidney stones lol.

Thanks again everyone!!

I have had them 3 times in 11 years, and only once did I pass it on my own. It is like being in labor! The time I passed it, it was so brutal that I still had trace blood in my urine a month later. The first time I had to have surgery, and they went in with a claw and grabbed it ( can't remember size)...and then I had the 3 surgeries with my third one.