TO ALL THE WARRIORS Dashing tomorrow

Options
getfitdiva
getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
Have fun for me b/c I can't participate b/c of my minor back sprain [insert ugly cry here]!!!

Go HARD . . . HAVE A THEME SONG in your head and hit repeat . . . take your time in the obstacles no need to come out w/ bloody knees or injuries.

DO NOT walk "around" the obstacles.

IF YOU WEAR YOUR HRM . . . make sure it's water proof!!!

Take each OBSTACLE like this is just part of your fitness journey.

BRING a towel for after the race and your car.

Bring CASH so you can get yourself a big ole turkey leg & beer (if you drink LOL) at the end.

BEAST it for me!!!

Replies

• yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Will do!

Doing my first WD tomorrow in MD!

Looking forward to having a fun time- taking 3 friends with me, so I know I will be laughing my butt off.

Not looking forward to the 2+ hour drive home wet and dirty . . .lol
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the one in Huntersville, NC tomorrow with my daughter. Can't wait! Knee injury and all!
  • Massageu2
    Massageu2 Posts: 59
    Options
    Good luck! I ran my first WD last weekend in Arkansas and forgot my towel! Won't make that mistake again in the future. Great advice on the obstacles, just use your head and you won't get injured. Post results after you are done, we would love to hear about your victory!

PS: Our course in AR was the longest one they have done this year 3.41 miles and I finished in 1:18:39:85.

Tina
  • boltsfan704
    boltsfan704 Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm doing the one in Huntersville, NC tomorrow with my daughter. Can't wait! Knee injury and all!

My goal is to do this one next year. Good luck!!
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I completed my first Warrior Dash on the 5th of this month. It was a BLAST to say the very least! I found the obstacles to be super easy, but the running posed a bit of a problem due to the terrain here! I ran it with 2 military guys from work and they made me look like a giant weenie but we started together and finished together ... such a great day! I hope you all have an awesome time and diva, hope your back gets better fast!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Will do!

Doing my first WD tomorrow in MD!

Looking forward to having a fun time- taking 3 friends with me, so I know I will be laughing my butt off.

Not looking forward to the 2+ hour drive home wet and dirty . . .lol

They have a place to rinse off I believe. I just brought a change of clothes then changed in my car. Also, a plastic bag for your wet muddy clothes.

There are a bunch of people from MFP running at 10a tomorrow in MD
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    <
    So I went to Warrior Dash and it was a BLAST!!!!! Hence the mud pic
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    We did too!
    IMG_0341.jpg
  • niclodn
    niclodn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Did my first Dash on Saturday in Huntersville, NC! It was awesome! Well, except for that water one -- it sucked. Would probably still be there if some random dude hadn't helped me out a bit:)