Finally something that works!

Options
Hi everyone. I am a 49 yr old. fat lady! LOL Today is day 6 of tracking everything I eat on MFP at a recommendation from a good friend. Wasn't too sure another "diet" would work so wanted to read the message boards and try it out first. I now realize this is NOT a diet but a way of life. If I want to be skinny again I have to account for what I put in my mouth. No one is going to do it for me and I refuse to have surgery. With that said.....after almost a week, I can honestly say I feel better already!! I've lost 4 lbs. this week, have increased my exercise level and am eating healthy. Like many on here, I have a LONG way to go. I would like to lose 100 lbs. or more. Realistically I am taking it 10 lbs. at a time because lets face it...100 lbs. is just too big a goal for right now.

Like most people I have tried every diet under the sky! I lose 50 lbs., feel good, look good and go back to my old ways and gain it right back within 6 months. Well NOT this time! I would like to make new friends who feel the same way I do and lend some support.

Replies

• janet1124
    janet1124 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello Tazzy..I'm also a 49 year old woman! And I am doing 10lbs too! I need buddies..want to be one? I am a bit excited here!
  • gilito
    gilito Posts: 5
    Options
    You are right, little by little. Right now I have lost 7 pounds, trying for 30. Once I settle there for a while I think I will try for 20 more. I have done this before so I know the biggest problem when you get to your objective is to stay there. There is lots of us in the same battle, side by side with you.
    Keep going baby!!!

(I am a 69 year old grandpa)