October's "No Late Night Snacking" Challenge

Options
Last month's challenge was so successful:smile: .......we should keep this up. New members welcome! Late-night snacking has always been an issue for me but last month's challenge (started by the brilliant Dewdrop) turned out to be an excellent way for me and others to stay on track (and hold ourselves accountable:grumble: ) Just pick your cutoff time and stick to it. Post your accomplishments, goals, and yes....sometimes slip ups.

My cutoff time is 8PM. I'm going to shoot for 1 SMALL snack after dinner (providing my calories allow it). I really don't want to eat right before I go to bed.

Good Luck Everyone. Hope to see you around!

Replies

• conmonja
    Options
    I am picking 7;30. Means I will have to eat dinner earlier.
  • MrsBlaze
    Options
    Mine will be 8 pm too! This should be interesting!!!:laugh:
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have so much trouble with this so I'm in! I stay up late sometimes so I'll set my time for 9:30pm.

126046.png
  • projectMOH
    projectMOH Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in and I'm cutting myself off at 8 PM. We'll see how this goes!!
  • momeof2
    Options
    I am in my cut of is 8:00 PM also. Good luck everyone!
  • corisan
    corisan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    8:00 pm, I'm in and I need this. Thanks!
  • Veronica320
    Options
    Welcome everyone! This is going to be a great month if we all stick to this.

Well, October started out pretty good for me. I stayed up a little too late watching all my shows (this usually happens on Thursdays:laugh: ). So I ended up having dinner a bit late last night and decided not to have a snack at all.

Here's a tip I read on another post: Brush your teeth after dinner (or if you feel like snacking). Everything tastes like crap after brushing.
  • Veronica320
    Options
    So how did everyone do over the weekend? I think I did pretty well. I ate quite a bit of pizza on Saturday night but on the plus side, we had been working outside for 9 hrs. I was freakin' starving and it was easy. I hope you're all doing well with your goals:flowerforyou: Looking forward to hearing from you.
  • 7:30 pm for me. Thats my weakness. I love to eat the left overs from dinner. But I wont make any left overs this time around. And cereal and other goodies. I just have to stop eating after 7:30! :laugh:
  • Veronica320
    Options
    There's this guy at work.....and he has a giant candy jar that he fills every Monday. His office is right next to mine and this jar is taunting me all day long:explode: So yesterday, I walk through his office and notice that not only has the jar been replenished.....but it's been filled with mini Snickers, Butterfingers, 3 Musketeers, Peanut Butter Cups, etc:love: I wanted to just dump it all into my purse and flee the building on a massive sugar high! Needless to say, I had my share of chocolate goodness yesterday:laugh: How is everyone else doing?
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to join in :smile: . I only realized when I went to bed last night, that it was a good night :happy: .

My cut-off will be 8 p.m. on regular days and 9 p.m. on days I work out late and have calories left.

Glad to see there's a bunch of us this month as well. Good luck, everyone :flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    2 nights down :drinker: . Are you girls counting, or just trying to be good and only report in when you fail?
  • Veronica320
    Options
    I've been pretty good. There's been no snacking after my cutoff time and I haven't gone over my calories in quite a while. I haven't exercised in a long time (just can't seem to find the motivation:grumble: ) but I've been making healthy food choices and staying on the wagon.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I've been making healthy food choices and staying on the wagon.

Excelent, Veronica! That feels so good, doesn't it?
    Try excercising too, though. Jogging, walking, riding a bike, dancing at home, some crunches - it'll make you feel more energized.

Good luck further and stay as motivated as you are now --I'm so happy to be in the same group with you! :flowerforyou: It's inspiring :smile: .
  • cravune
    cravune Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    glad i spotted this, I am the same when it comes to snacking, im going for 7:30, managed it last night so il be here (hopefully) for rest of the month
  • dewdrop
    Options
    glad i spotted this, I am the same when it comes to snacking, im going for 7:30, managed it last night so il be here (hopefully) for rest of the month

Hey, I'm glad too. :wink: The more, the marrier, this is one of my principles :smile: .
    I hope you'll be here for the rest of the month, too, because it's all about trying hard and motivating people, even if we fail at times. O/w, if this weren't an issue, we wouldn't be here, right? :wink:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Failed. I should've tried harder, but I chose to jog last night and was hungry afterwards. :ohwell:
  • Veronica320
    Options
    I was bad too:mad: I ate a giant cinnibun but then chose to walk around for about 2 hrs. The sad thing is.....I don't even like them that much, but I had a major sweet tooth and it was there. I'm going to be good this weekend though. We work at the "Forest of Fear" every weekend in October for Halloween. So I'll be getting plenty of exercise in (5hrs per night!) Have a great weekend everybody:flowerforyou:
  • cravune
    cravune Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Think I failed, il put it to the board!!!

I went to bed early last night after early start, didnt eat after 7:30 and was asleep by 9, however woke up at 2.30am and had a feast (approx 1200 cals)

However got up and did 20 mile bike (1750 cals) at 7 am
  • str0wberry
    Options
    I too will shoot for 8 pm.

278126.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods