Low Price HRM

Options
Does anyone have recommendations for a good, decently priced HRM?

Replies

• silvereyes6
    silvereyes6 Posts: 17
    Options
    Meaning heart rate monitor.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4... off of amazon it's around 60 dollars.
  • Pink_Tina
    Pink_Tina Posts: 164
    Options
    Polar FT4... off of amazon it's around 60 dollars.

I just got that model the other day. It's well worth the price. Love it already. ;)
  • DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    The one I want is crazy expensive (Motoactv) but I bought mine at Sears for $47 on sale and it is a "Sportline 915 Men's Solo Heart Rate Monitor" not a big brand but works great. I noticed Target had 3 that were $50 and under. Also if you check amazon or ebay you can find some great deals.

***Edit*** the one i have also is make in a Womens version as well.
  • silvereyes6
    silvereyes6 Posts: 17
    Options
    That's interesting, what's different about the women's version, the color?
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    Most of the time, the women's version is just a different color. Whatever kind you get, I highly recommend making sure it has a chest strap.
  • DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Wanted to add. The HRM i posted above....stopped working....after about a week. Took it back to sears and considering a polar FT1 since they have at sears for $47 on sale. But main difference in men's vs women's is usually size and color for example the one i just returned the womans looked almost the exact same just smaller. But if a woman was worried about wrist being to big thy could use a mens that is a neutral color. I also would perfer to get a chest strap style like someone mentioned since that way i can get constant reading and not have to try running while holing the sensor to check HR.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I got a Sportline SX Elite from Walmart for $50. I've been using it for a couple of weeks and I'm in love with it.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Polar ft7's on ebay. thats where I got mine. It was New and I paid $50 for it because it was a display model. It was a great deal - I saved big time.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have 8 in. wrists. I wish someone would have told me that it didn't make a difference if you buy the men's or women's polar HRM. I bought the women's FT7 and can barely get it around my wrist. I'm on the 3rd hole from the end and it leave red impression on my wrist. I would have bought them men's.

Other than that, I love it. It was $119 on the Polar website, but I found it for $76.11 with free shipping.
    http://www.bodytronics.com/p/polar_heart_rate_monitors/POFT7?s=g&kw=polar+ft7+exact&gclid=CO_YrZfhjLACFeEDQAod3FZZoA
  • cjv428
    cjv428 Posts: 124
    Options
    I just bought myself a Polar FT40 as a present for finishing final exams and it came out to roughly $125 on Amazon (including one-day shipping because I'm impatient). The Polar FT7 would have come out to $100 so I figured the upgrade was worth only $25. I would invest in a good heart monitor because you tend to get what you pay for.
  • leia_ophelia
    leia_ophelia Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love my polar FT4. It's their basic model with heart rate and calorie count and very affordable. Although I'm a data freak so I wish that I spend a little bit more for a more upgraded model that syncs with the computer automatically.
  • Briaboo4
    Briaboo4 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I recently returned a cheap HRM because it kept dropping my heart rate and I bought the Polar FT4 to replace it...and wow! I love the Polar FT4! Spend the money...it's worth it. :wink:

ETA: I don't think there's a big difference between the men's and women's other than color and perhaps size. I didn't get the women's one and I'm still happy with my purchase.
  • cjv428
    cjv428 Posts: 124
    Options
    I recently returned a cheap HRM because it kept dropping my heart rate and I bought the Polar FT4 to replace it...and wow! I love the Polar FT4! Spend the money...it's worth it. :wink:

ETA: I don't think there's a big difference between the men's and women's other than color and perhaps size. I didn't get the women's one and I'm still happy with my purchase.

Yep, no difference except for color and sizing because you can set any Polar heart monitor to either male or female via the settings.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Walmart, $49.99. Has been working for me for 6 months, comes with a chest strap and watch. Love it! (Sportline is the brand)
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

From my research, the difference between the male & female hrm's is as follows:

Size
    Colors
    Shape of the watch face (Mens version is squared and womens is round)

Either one can be adjusted to Male or Female on the menu
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I got a Sportline SX Elite from Walmart for $50. I've been using it for a couple of weeks and I'm in love with it.

Yup, that's the one i have- it's really great!