What was your final straw?

Options

Replies

• Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I ripped the leg out of a pair of jeans when I was putting them on...they had always fit before....
  • Jessie43082
    Jessie43082 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I went shopping for my birthday last year. Nothing fit. I ended up with 3X tops and maybe 22 pants. This year when I went birthday shopping I bought size 6 and size 8 and medium and large tops!
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Seeing a photo of me in florida and not recognizing myself. It scared me to see me like that.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I was told by my coach that my "back fat" needed to go. :grumble:
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Seeing a picture of me looking like I am 8 months pregnant. I'm NOT. Started my journey in January with a Biggest Looser contest at work and now I am 32 pounds lighter and still going! The contest ended four or five weeks ago, I came in second.
  • cwatson1214
    cwatson1214 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    When the Dr. said if you don't lose weight you are going to start on a diabetic pill. My sugar is cause i am overweight.

That is exactly what got me there too. I always was chubby , ok FAT. But starting to feel unhealty was the last straw. I am not getting younger so I needed to fix it.
  • belle0226
    belle0226 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    For me it was realizing I was (and still am) the heaviest I have ever been combined with hurting my knee (torn PCL). When I hurt my knee I was walking around the block. I realized I had to do something. So I am. The scary part was that noticing nothing fit and having to buy new clothes was not enough.
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    buying clothes bigger and bigger- being covered up on hoilday in baggy clothes feeling bigger
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    When even my 14's were getting tight, I refused to get one size bigger. I've been a 16 and close to an 18 in high school, and I lost that weight right around turning 17. I had been getting steadily bigger and smaller and bigger and smaller...14 was th largest after that weight loss and I REFUSED to get any bigger. I just didn't feel good, I didn't feel good about myself...oddly it was right around Thanksgiving last year. It was the least food I have ever eaten at any holiday season and I've been steadily sneaking down (with some set-backs, pleateaus and mental blocks in between) ever since. I just could not take it any more!
  • buffyblank
    buffyblank Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I got pants from my mom and sister that were to big for them, and alas to small for me :( They are now to big for me too!!!
  • NomiS6
    NomiS6 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Having to hold my breath to do my shoe laces up
  • Ames1026
    Ames1026 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My belly touching my lap when I sat. Having to shop for larger clothes. My kids poking me in belly cause they think it fun to jiggle.:cry:
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    It was several things that pushed me to get healthy again.

1.) My brother was admitted to the hospital on the verge of a diabetic coma, he was severely obese and wasn't aware until then that he was diabetic.
    2.) NONE of my clothes fit
    3.) The pain in my knees, hips and lower back couldn't be explained away for any other reason than I weighed WAY too much.
    4.) I actually stepped on the scales and cried
    2.) Several people in my husbands family made statements like "Well at least you have a pretty face" "You were so thin once". While those comments make them obnoxious they held a certain amount of truth.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I honestly don't know.. I've been trying since I was 14 years old! I cried when the scale went over 200.. it was slowly going up. I didn't think I looked much different.. but when pants I had just worn did not fit I started to notice. I've tried SO many times.. I don't understand but something in my brain clicked this time and my head wont let me 'cheat' or anything! ..I think something clicked because I saw a picture of myself at a friends wedding.. .I looked HUGE! but also a few days after that I noticed my belt went a notch tighter! I wasn't even trying.. So I just went with it and I'm 10 lbs down. Something just snapped up there and I don't really understand it.. I know for sure that I'm tired of size 18 pants and being fat. =/
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I cried on the scale too =(
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Similar to you, I went from a size 6 to a size 10 in about 6 months. When I hit my size 8 pants, I was a little depressed. When my size 10 pants were tight, I knew I had to change something. Then when I took pictures and compared them to my progress that I made last year, my mind was made up. I was not going to wallow in my self pity anymore. The pictures of me disgusted me and I was so angry with myself that I let myself lose all my hard earned progress from last year.

Same here!
  • nhall423
    nhall423 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Seeing a picture of myself holding my niece and realizing how big I'd actually gotten, I'd been avoiding mirrors in general so that objective picture really threw me for a loop. I'd had to buy size 12 pants (I'm now a size 8) and they were starting to get tight. They did a Biggest Loser competition last year at work, and it was just the right time. I ended up coming in 2nd in the competition, lost 18 lbs and now working on losing another 20 or so and being healthy overall.
  • cwatson1214
    cwatson1214 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Seeing a picture of me looking like I am 8 months pregnant. I'm NOT. Started my journey in January with a Biggest Looser contest at work and now I am 32 pounds lighter and still going! The contest ended four or five weeks ago, I came in second.

Congratulations. That is exactly what I started as well. So far I am winning!!!!!
  • prettyinpink117
    prettyinpink117 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    We went to the State Fair and I had on an empire cut sundress... and someone asked me when I was due! Def not pregnant, just fat! :laugh:
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Just a collection of items that were driving me crazy.
    Can't wear my heels anymore. I'm in too much pain because I am just too heavy.
    My bras are starting to get to tight.
    My shirts don't look good anymore.
    My jeans don't fit.
    But mostly, I had to buy a pair of capris with an elastic wasteband because nothing else even looked half decent. That was April 13th.