"Progress???" pictures

Options
I'm posting this because I have to motivate myself to push through this damn plateau I'm on. So, please forgive my gross pictures! This is to embarass myself into progress!

First pic is from late April at 243ibs (after losing 37 lbs).

me-before.jpg

The second pic is from last night (a month later and only 2 lbs lighter - GRRR).

me-during1.jpg

Replies

• Briaboo4
    Briaboo4 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! You're looking great! :)
  • Jessie43082
    Jessie43082 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Looks like more then a 2 pound difference!
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    WTG keep it up you looking good
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Are you doing a lot of weight lifting? Your arms look more muscular, appears you may be gaining muscle. How are your clothes fitting? Don't let the scale be the only indicator of your progress.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Looks like there is more definition and inches lost - remember the scale is not always our friend.

Edited to add: You look great keep up the good work!
  • shimewazaMan
    shimewazaMan Posts: 413
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. It is really nice to get some objective feedback. I have been exercising REALLY hard so maybe I am toning up a bit. I've just been so focused on trying to break that damn 240 mark that it's gotten me really frustrated. I was hoping to be in much better shape by summer. You all have made me feel MUCH better about my progress. I sincerely thank you!
  • mohitsarmy
    mohitsarmy Posts: 17
    Options
    If I learned anything about you, it is that you can do anything you set your mind to. I KNOW! you will do it! You are too damn awesome not to!

Keep up the good work. Watch your diet and exercise and you will succeed!

I'm proud of u!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Your jeans look looser. That matters (to me at least) more than the scale. I hit a plateau back around October and didn't lose an ounce till very late December, but I dropped from a 20-18 in jeans because of all the exercise. Hang in there and keep up the good work!
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Looks like more then a 2 pound difference!

Agreed! Ignore the scale, you definitely look more muscular.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    2 lbs or not..you look smokin'

Sometimes, as I've found out firsthand, even if the lbs don't come off, your body changes quite a bit. I notice a lot of change.

Nice work :)
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    Thanks again everyone! You all are so supportive an encouraging! I was posting this to embarassing myself into progress, but you all have made me feel better than I have felt in a long time and have definitely helped encourage me to work even harder to bust through this plateau! I can't say it enough ... thanks again!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    There is a big difference between the first pic and second pic. May be "only" two pounds but definitely inches lost and your body shape has changed! Great work.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference, your stomach looks tighter and your sides are slimmer. Don't give up!
    I am curious, how much are you eating? If your plateauing you may not be eating enough.
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    Thanks Allison. I have been eating between 1500 - 2000 calories depending on my workout for the day. Unfortunately I went over today taking my son out for a daddy night. Pissed off at myself. I had been doing great all day. Its amazing how many calories are in restaurant food.
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Try switching up what you're doing, more weight if lifting or just different exercise in general but you look a lot smaller than 2lbs lighter so great job!
  • chrissydrske
    chrissydrske Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow u look hot. Keep up the good work,
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    Wow u look hot. Keep up the good work,

Thank you VERY much hun! :) What started as self-humiliation has actually turned into a massive self-esteem boost!
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    If I learned anything about you, it is that you can do anything you set your mind to. I KNOW! you will do it! You are too damn awesome not to!

Keep up the good work. Watch your diet and exercise and you will succeed!

I'm proud of u!

Thanks bro! I REALLY appreciate it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!