Those Last Few Pounds!

Options
I'm down to those pesky last few pounds. I'm looking for some friends to keep me motivated and going when those donuts and that chocolate cake look so delicious and I can hear them calling out to me... They're such sweet talkers, and always know exactly what to say!

Currently, I'm really focusing on fixing my body composition rather than staring at the scale for those last few numbers to tick away. It's just so much harder to see progress now, and I'm finding it slightly discouraging.

I'm 24 and have been a lurker on this site for a while, I figure now is as good a time as any to find some like-minded people to continue this journey with.

Feel free to add me!

Replies

• AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm down to those pesky last few pounds. I'm looking for some friends to keep me motivated and going when those donuts and that chocolate cake look so delicious and I can hear them calling out to me... They're such sweet talkers, and always know exactly what to say!

Currently, I'm really focusing on fixing my body composition rather than staring at the scale for those last few numbers to tick away. It's just so much harder to see progress now, and I'm finding it slightly discouraging.

Feel free to add me!

I'm in the same position!
  • MaggieWatson
    Options
    hey im gonna add you :)
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am in the same boat as you. I have 7lbs left to my goal and they just aren't coming off as fast as I'd like. And with that being said I feel myself slipping a bit when it comes to working out. I'll send you a friend request and maybe we can push each other to our goals!! Good luck to you!!
  • adonnelly13
    adonnelly13 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I"m working on those last few pounds as well! i've been at a stand still for quite some time now! I"m going to add you and hopefully we can keep each other motivated!
  • VictoriaSnape
    VictoriaSnape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey, i only have 10 lbs to lose, so as this is such a small number its going really slowly. Feel free to add me so we can encourage each other :)
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    As you get in shape and lose pounds your body makes adjustments. If you keep doing all of the same things you were doing 10, 20 or 30 pounds ago then yes your weight loss slows down. Imagine pushing a 180 pound wagon and then pushing a 150 pound wagon. The 150 pound wagon is a lot easier to push.
    The sad fact is that if you want to lose those last few pounds quickly you have to step it up a bit...extra time on the treadmill, a few more pounds on the free weights etc. Also, your body does not want to give those last few pounds up because it likes to have some "reserves".
    Its war against your body. Keep eating the calories you should but exercise a bit harder. The pounds will come off.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I am right there with you!
    I had gone down way past my goal, when I tried to put on some weight I went over and now I can not get rid of the last few.
    I just want to lose 4 pounds! You wouldnt think that would be so hard!
    Some days I feel like giving up.
    I am trying really hard to tone and shape up, but I need those few pounds off my belly.
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    lost 15lbs no problem but these last 10 do not want to come off :( and i have been a little bad with some of my food choices. Definatly need some more motivation!
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Me, too! So close... and it is hard to stay motivated! But I already bought my bikini and signed up for a marathon soooo... I better be in it to win it ;-)
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I have 10lbs left to go. This week I lost 2" but didn't see the scale move at all.
    It's moving very slowly....

Feel free to add me!
  • LauraMcCourt
    LauraMcCourt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have 4-5lbs left to lose, & I'm going nowhere fast & getting VERY frustrated!! So yesterday I had the biggest binge ever & felt sick haha, somebody help me what can I do to step in up a gear?

I exercise varying from walking, aerobics, swimming, weights & pilates.

I do eat mostly the same things every day as I am a fussy eater...tips please, is it wise to go low carb, doesn't the weight go back on once you start eating normally again? I don't eat much meat basically chicken, n fish will go for salmon etc. I'm a lazy eater though prefer something there & then not waiting around waiting for it to cook!

I cut my kcals down to 1100 but I keep going over anyway so not really worth it!