Protein Bars???

Options
What does everyone use for protein bars? To get you through the tough times at work. I need something quick and easy that i can throw in my pocket and thought a protein bar would be the answer.

Replies

• MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I like Clif builders bar.
  • cjbennett2012
    cjbennett2012 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I stay away from bars altogether these days, put a banana in ur bag if u need a good energy boost :)
  • kristynkayte
    kristynkayte Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I stay away from bars altogether these days, put a banana in ur bag if u need a good energy boost :)
    I'm putting a banana in my shake this afternoon for on my way to work...but need something for while i'm working. I'm an LNA in a busy dementia unit and bananas wouldn't be handy to have in my pockets. Lol
  • indigenousnudity
    Options
    Quest Bars are pretty good, no junk ingredients and low sugar. A bit pricey compared to most but worth it.
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Protein bars aren't my favorite supplement but if I eat one its the Pure Protein Revolution bars. They are sweetened with sugar alcohol instead of sugar and for some that might cause upset stomach.

Denise
  • rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am currently using Think Thin. They aren't sugary, high protein, and aren't nearly as blah tasting as a lot of the ones I've tried. My favorite so far is Creamy Peanut Butter.
  • twiglips
    twiglips Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I use the Herbalife Deluxe Protein bars - especially when it will be several hours before my next meal. The Snackwells brand protein bars aren't bad, especially the peanut butter. Unsalted nuts are really good too - they are high in calories and fat but they are full of protein and good fats. Soynuts are pretty amazing as well. Some fiber cereal is good to snack on - the ones called Cracklin Oat Bran are little squares and seem to be about the best tasting in my opinion. Special K chips are yummy.

I love snacks, can you tell? : )
  • angeliis02
    angeliis02 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    the bars I like are the Marathon energy bars powered by Snickers - they have 13 grams or protein. I love the chewy chocolatey peanut ones. Yum.
  • cyn60
    cyn60 Posts: 20
    Options
    I started using Kind bars. They are all natural,gluten free, no sugar added, low glycemic, dairy free and low in sodium. I'm border line Diabetic so this fits into my diet pretty well.
  • naprestsleep
    naprestsleep Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like the detour bars, I have the chocolate caramel peanut butter(or something like that).
  • jesswilliams1119
    Options
    I really really like the Herbalife Deluxe chocolate peanut bars!
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I like the Luna bars. They're relatively lower in sugar, under 200 cals and have a lot of varieties that don't melt!

The Kind bars are also good. I just have trouble finding ones without cashews or pistachios, which I'm allergic to.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I have been eating "Oh yeah" bars. I got them at costco.
  • jennibell81
    jennibell81 Posts: 61
    Options
    I'm in love with the Snickers Marathon Bars in Caramel Nut Rush 20 grams of protein and 10 grams of fiber.........
  • indigenousnudity
    Options
    I'm in love with the Snickers Marathon Bars in Caramel Nut Rush 20 grams of protein and 10 grams of fiber.........

And 22g sugar! May as well just eat a normal Snickers bar.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Quest bars have the best specs and flavors ;)
  • GullyGirl009
    Options
    I read someplace about Nature Valley's Protein Bars. I tried one and fell in love! They are about $2.89 per box and you get like 6 bars. they are packed with 10g of proetin. They are affordable. I like buying stuff I know I will eat.
  • Shollin243
    Shollin243 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

I eat the same think for breakfast everyday. Apparently regular Snickers bars now have the same amount of protein and fiber.
  • kristynkayte
    kristynkayte Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am currently using Think Thin. They aren't sugary, high protein, and aren't nearly as blah tasting as a lot of the ones I've tried. My favorite so far is Creamy Peanut Butter.
    I got some of these tonight :) Along with Snickers Marathon bars!