Best and worst nutrition bars

Options

Replies

• jmilian825
    jmilian825 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Bump
    I love the clif bars, now i have more choices. Thank you!!
    yes Cliff bars are delish too!
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    thanks!!!
  • Pollux
    Pollux Posts: 42
    Options
    Thanks for all the info!
  • Jeter1777
    Jeter1777 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How about Balance bar, honey yogurt. I love these thing!
  • amphora
    amphora Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    For those of you interested, original source for this post is SHAPE magazine. Google for it and you'll find their reviews of all sorts of bars not just the ones on this list. Good info.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this! very helpful. i usually snack on bars like this so knowing that some of the ones im eating i shouldnt be is good!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information.
  • April4th
    April4th Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have found the luna bars at walmart by the vitamins

Thanks! Maybe I will make a lunch trip! Are they expensive?

I buy mine at my grocery store (Wegmans) for $0.99 cents/ea. My current favorites are the White Chocolate Macadamia, Peanut Honey Pretzel, and the Chocolate Dipped Coconut.
  • microaggie
    microaggie Posts: 13
    Options
    thanks for sharing the info..I was just looking for a perfect nutrition bar.
  • Jori33
    Jori33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I didn't know so many bars were even out there.
  • rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I love Kind mini bars.......has anyone tried the Gnu bars? If so, what favors are best?

I love the GNU banana walnut bars.. really soft and chewy; doesn't feel like you're getting 12g of fiber at all!
    Cinnamon Raisin would be a close second favorite. Has the consistency of a cookie, and tastes like one too.
  • darkchocolate68
    Options
    I get mine at Krogers for $1. The Chocolate Peppermint Stick is so good. It reminds me of Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies. I also like the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut and Nutz Over Chocolate. I just wish these bars had more protein and had less sugar, but none the less, they are good.
  • OhThatBlonde
    OhThatBlonde Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bump for Next shopping trip ...
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Nice thread - saving to read again later. What do you all think about Promax? They are the least expensive protein bar (still expensive, $16 per box) that I could find.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I like beef jerky. Cliff bars are a nice breakfast.
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Interesting info. Did you write this? If you did, it's very well done. If not and you copied it from somewhere, please at least provide a link, otherwise it's plagiarism.

Wow, it's not that serious. Thanks OP for great post! I have often wondered about these, especially since there are so many out there to choose from.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    good info..
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I probably average eating 20 bars a week (2 for weekday breakfast sand for mid morning/mid afternoon snacks). I have been meaning to put together my own list like this and will at some point as i have tried a lot of different.

As an FYI, Luna also has luna fiber and lunar protein. Also, Luna is made by Clif who also has some very good bars.

Other good tasting bars -
    Clif Kidz - iced oatmeal, chocolate chip, honey graham (smaller and lighter on the calories.
    Pure organic - cherry cashew, apple cinamon
    Luna also has luna fiber and lunar protein
    Luna fiber - vanilla blueberry, peanut butter strawberry, chocolate raspberry
    Luna Protein - chocolate cherry almond, chocolate peanut butter, mint chocolate chip
    Clif Bars - carrot cake, cool mint chocolate
    Clif Mojo Dipped - chocolate peanut
    Detour - Caramel Peanut
    Special K Protein Meal Bar - Chocolate Peanut Butter, Chocolatey chip, Chocolate caramel (if you like coffee as it has that kind of taste), Double Chocolate (if you like a lot of chocolate)
    Rickland Orchards - Blueberry Almond, Cherri Almond, and Cranberry Almond (my most recent finds and a really good change up from the others)

Sort of tastes like a Candy Bar Kind Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew, Kind Peanut Butter Chocolate, Clif Mojo Dipped - chocolate peanut, Special K Protein Meal Bar - Chocolate Peanut Butter, Chocolatey chip, Detour - Caramel Peanut (various versions including low carb)
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    This is great info. Thanks!