My first post my first day

Options
Hi

Just to say hello. I want and need to lose almost half my body weight and this is the first step on the road.

I've been suffering from increasing back pain and although I have a long term and very painful back injury the weight I'm carrying is making it much worse. I'm now struggling to walk because of the pain so I need to get a grip and start losing weight.

I have tried losing weight in the past only to put in back on again so this time I'm going to try it without the diet classes, fad diets etc etc and do it through healthy eating and exercise!

Replies

• JJPT
    JJPT Posts: 69
    Options
    Congrats on getting started!
  • skheather
    skheather Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You are at the right place. Mfp can help you lose weight in a healthy manner. It is definitely a life style change not a diet. Stick with it and you will lose pounds. Be patient and take one day at a time.
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Add a pic! If you need a friend please add me
  • poetinmyheart
    poetinmyheart Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • missy3479
    missy3479 Posts: 30
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! :smile:
  • SurfersDream
    Options
    Wow - I really appreciate the quick responses. Thank you :)

I'm hoping with the support of MFP I will finally start turning my weight around.
  • Vandabubbles
    Vandabubbles Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good for you for getting started!
  • Harleyman1888
    Options
    HOWYE my friend , i admire folk who do something about their own predicaments, it was nobody that got any of us over weight but ourselves, so it upto us to turn it around,,, i am only two stone overweight but it also have a real bad back ,been riding motorsikkels for 30+ years and hard work has done my back some harm i stopped smoking 60 cigarettes a day 6 mths ago, and so the two stone ,or 28 lbs has crept on ,i have recently purchased a mountain bike and do cycling 3 times a week sure its hard But it will get easier, i walk now where i once used the motorsikkel,, i will get there ,as i hope you will ,my words of wisdom are never ever be embarressed about anything you want to try to lose weight, true people will acknowledge you and encourage you more so than you think so dont think about doing anything or the consequensces ,just get up and go do it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i wish you and everyone here the willpower to succede i know i will it might take time, but i will succede