Hi all

Options
I just found this site the other day and I think it's great. I started my "life change" about 3-4 months ago and it would have been great to use this site then. I have lost about 50 lbs. so far but I'm not done yet. Happy weightloss all.

Replies

• brwnsgr
    brwnsgr Posts: 78
    Options
    Welcome Welcome Welcome
    :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • scoobdoob808
    Options
    Welcome. I am pretty new also but love the site so far. Congrats on the 50 pounds, that is great. :happy:
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Morning, This is a really good site! I hope you enjoy using it.

Cindy
  • JanetParks
    Options
    Welcome:

This is an awesome site! I myself have only been at it a week but have met so many awesome people with the same goal in mind. And that alone is powerful.

How did you lose the 50 lbs.? If you don't mind me asking?

Keepin the Faith!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • heh32074
    Options
    Hi Janet,
    The way I lost the first 50 was by cutting almost all fast food. I say almost all because I set aside one day a week (Saturday) to have whatever I want and it's usually pizza....love the stuff. I also cut out all regular soda and even cut back on the diet soda as well. And the last cut was all the sweets. I work in a bakery so I thought that that one would be a little rough but it wasn't too bad. Portion control was another issue I had to deal with. I like to eat a lot of food so I limit myself to what I can fit in a small cereal bowl, no more using the big bowls to load up with.

Exercise was the last part of the equation. I started walking about 3-5 times a week and about a month ago I joined a gym and now do cardio 2-3 days a week and strength training 2-3 days a week. I know your supposed to try and work out everyday but to me the weekends are my days off...from work AND exercise.

So far that's what I've been doing and it's worked pretty good so far. I have had my little bumps in the road. About 3 weeks ago we had our 3rd child and that week I did eat quite a bit of fast food, it was easy and quick. And after being at the hospital for 3 days with my wife and then getting adjusted to dealing with an 8 yr old, an 18 month old, and a newborn cooking was the farthest thing from my mind. That didn't last though and I got back on the wagon and have been trudging along since. That's what I'm doing...sorry if it's a little long winded. Happy weightloss all.