struggling with exercise

Options
:smile: hi ive lost nearly 4 stone since jan, ive joined a gym and go 5 to 6 times a week,im doing the dunkan diet it works for me as i only have low carb. i do50 min cardio rest on weights. i have not lost for last three week , getting disheartened:mad: , advice plzz

Replies

• bumpusburn
    bumpusburn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Stick with it sounds, like you are hitting a plateau try making a few changes to what you are doing, this includes amount you are eating a day and the type/intensity of the workouts you are doing. Every now and again the body needs to be shocked into something new to get the process going again.
  • newby5
    newby5 Posts: 5
    Options
    thanks so much been gym today and did a warm up then did weights then did 50mins cardio , hope it works
  • newby5
    Options
    got weighed i lost 2 pound thats good as i want to loose 2 a week anything above a bonus, got another 135 pound to go
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Keep it up....I don't know if I got this saying from someplace or made it up myself but I keep it on my fridge

"Persistance + Patience = Payoff"

That reminds me that even if the scale didn't move, that I can't just throw in the towel, I have to keep at it and be patient to see the results because the experience that I see all around me tells me that there will be a payoff to the hard work. By the way, I use this saying for all areas of my life that I want to change.

Good luck!
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss so far. I did the Ducan diet before and found it very easy to stick to, but in the end the protein only days were not for me.

Ducan recommends a couple of things for breaking through a plateau - first drinking green tea instead of water (and remember you have to drink plenty of water on ducan). Second, make sure you are doing EVERYTHING right. I found a checklist on another site which might be useful.

Are you drinking 1 and 1/2 to 2 liters of water every day?
    Are doing your compulsory daily exercise?
    Are you eating the right foods?
    Are you eating enough food?
    Are you eating regular meals and not skipping meals?
    Are you eating your daily serving of Oat Bran?
    Are you having more than two servings of tolerated foods per day?
    (Source - The Ducan Diet Site)

Your exercise plan looks good - but maybe try something different as others have suggested. A different cardio machine perhaps, or slightly heavier weights with less reps. Or doing weight and cardio on different days. Have fun experimenting!

Good luck
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    "Persistance + Patience = Payoff"

I like that! Can I borrow it?
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    4st since January is great!.. I've got under active thyroid and its taken me a year to lose 3 stone I started last June when I found I had gone back up to 12st 7 on my birthday!

Just keep trying, sometimes the weight doesn't change for a bit but the inches are coming off so measure too... or the workouts are making you store water, sometimes I saw my biggest losses when I had to have a break of a week or more due to injury.

Good luck!
  • newby5
    Options
    thanks that so helpful :smile:
  • newby5
    Options
    i used to hate any training now when i dont do it ifeel rubbish, but i need to be 13/7 by august as my doctor said i can be put in for tummy tuck as i will of lost seven stone by then as the saggy skin on my stomach my doc said it will never go back im toneing up everywere else but not on my tummy