best ab work out dvds???

Options
IveLanded
IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
I've reached a point where I am working more of muscle toning than losing weight, and I'd like to get an ab work out DVD do to on my lunch break. I work out everyday and do conditioning, spinning, and running, so this is just something that would supplement what I'm doing. But with my mom belly I feel like I could do a little extra ab work. Does anyone have any recommendations for an ab work out DVD? I'd actually prefer something a little tougher and advanced. :)

Replies

• IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Pilates comes to mind: Ana Caban "Pilates Core Challenge" is tough. This is Gaiam ... lots of different covers, be careful not to duplicate (Gaiam is notorious for different covers & title changes ....grrrrr)

Collagevideo.com ... a search brought up:

Cathe Core Max
    Gilad Lord of the Abs
    Jari Love Ripped to the Core

I've not tried these. Cathe is always hard. I have her Stretch Max one .... nice.
  • bumpusburn
    bumpusburn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper Yoga for the Warrior, it has a 15 minute ab routine in it that will crush you.
  • kate216
    kate216 Posts: 23
    Options
    p90x ab ripper x -- best ab workout tape i've found (i've tried a TON)... its only around 15 minutes and the day after your abs KILLL.. i love it and highly suggest it :)
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    p90x ab ripper x -- best ab workout tape i've found (i've tried a TON)... its only around 15 minutes and the day after your abs KILLL.. i love it and highly suggest it :)

.^ this...I've heard great things about it but am yet to try it
  • OSU_Sarah
    OSU_Sarah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    P90X ab ripper! I had a 6 pack going on within 3 weeks!!!
  • mcknz121
    mcknz121 Posts: 44
    Options

.^ this...I've heard great things about it but am yet to try it

^^^Yes, yes and YES! it's hard and quick and you WILL get results.
  • JBurger2066
    JBurger2066 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

^ This. I love this ab workout. It definitely works!

I've done the Ab Ripper from P90X2 and it isn't as good as the one from the original P90X.
  • imlewer
    imlewer Posts: 15
    Options
    Ab Ripper is good. However the Tummy Tuck segment on Brazilian Butt Lift is a super killer. Nice change too.
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with Ab Ripper X! It is THE hardest ab workout I've ever done (and I've done a LOT).

Another good one is Core Max from Cathe Friedrich. There are 3 different ab workouts on it, each 20 minutes. One is no equip, one is with a weighted ball , another with a stability ball.
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I agree with Tummy Tuck too!!!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I like Ana Caban's Pilates Abs
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Tae bo insane abs