Don't want to give up...AGAIN!

Options
Ugh...horrible feeling this morning when my weight loss ticker moved BACKWARDS!!! I'm turning 30 in July and would love to get AT LEAST 20 lbs off by then, but at the rate I'm going I'll be 40 by the time I get 20 lbs off!!! I've got three small children and a husband who works graves, so escaping to the gym is not an option for me right now...does anyone have any recomendations on great workout DVD's that have really worked for them? I can only Zumba and do the treadmill so much!

Replies

• bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    Check out collagevideo.com where you can preview different videos. You can also check out videos on youtube.
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Don't quit! I'm an at home treadmiller too. Try increasing the incline and speed to make it more challenging. Also, try switching up the time you work out. I get started whenever a good show is on tv to entertain myself while i exercise rather than sticking to a certain time. Sometimes I'm on it right after work, other times I'm on it at 10pm!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    "Never, ever, ever give up on a dream due to the amount of time that it takes to achieve it, the time will pass anyway." Just work at it. You didn't gain this weight in a couple months...please don't think that you can lose it, AND KEEP IT OFF, in a short amount of time. I do wish you all the luck and good fortune in TRYING hard to reach your goal though... :flowerforyou:
  • smcantu82
    smcantu82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ladies :o) I will check out the website and start switching up my workout times along w/ playing around a little more w/ the speed and incline on my treadmill! Thank You :o)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Honestly it is 80% diet, and you can do at home exercises with little or no equipment.

Check out your local library for exercise DVDs, or if you have on demand TV there is always Jackie Warner and Jillian Michaels on those.

I lost all of the weight from my 2 kids at home, without a gym, and with just a few pieces of equipment. As long as the drive is there, you can do it.
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds before doing Jillian Michaels's workout DVDs. Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones, 30 Day Shred, Shred It with Weights, and Ripped in 30 are some of my favs, but I have others of hers also.
  • jjl731
    jjl731 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Curcuit workouts are great and you can do them at home :)