I Hate Bagel Day

Options
Its the third Friday of the month and guess what? Its bagel day. I hate bagel day. I am a huge sucker for Noahs chocolate chip bagels. I gave in. Blah so now I feel like crapola. At least its Friday.

Replies

• holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    You enjoyed it. So just cut back on something else or go for an extra walk. Life is too short to be guilt-tripping over a bagel. I love cinnamon raisin. I try to eat only half so I can enjoy another time. Life won't end. Chin up you can move on.
  • mcknz121
    mcknz121 Posts: 44
    Options
    You joined MFP (i'd assume) to make a LIFESTYLE change, not go on a DIET. Are you going to go your whole life without a bagel? I'd hope not. If it was delicious and you enjoyed it, that's a good thing...a treat once in a while will not kill your goals. Like holly said, just work it off or cut the calories somewhere else. It's ok!:flowerforyou:
  • joe7880
    joe7880 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You should embrace and celebrate a free bagel =) and plan out the day accordingly.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    My kid bought some bagel thins and I'm gonna have to buy her some more. I'm not looking at them, but I think they were 100 or maybe 120 calories each and crazy delicious!
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    "Everything" bagels are my achilles heel.

I love the things.

(They give me pimples in my ears, though, so calories aside I really have to weigh whether I want one.)
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I often enjoy half a bagel as part of breakfast and occasionally even a whole one if I have really have the calories (usually on Sunday mornings). Nothing wrong with bagels in moderation as long as they fit in your day. Hope it was delicious, sounds like it was. :smile:
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    You know what I like to do? I hollow out the inside of the bagel to reduce the calories a bit. It still is just as delicious in my opinion. Otherwise, a bagel now and then won't hurt. Don't be too hard on yourself. :smile:
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    You should embrace and celebrate a free bagel =) and plan out the day accordingly.

Yep! If the bagel is yummy and worth the calories, go for it. Since you know that every third Friday of the month is Bagel Day, you can plan ahead for it and enjoy the day instead of dreading it.
  • jennlefebvre08
    jennlefebvre08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    At my workplace EVERY Friday is Bagel Day...and I look forward to it every week! Like the others are saying, just plan for it and enjoy - I don't want to live in a world where I can't have a bagel when I want it ;o)
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, it will only set you up for failure. The great thing about this is you can eat what you want. Its about choices. If you choose to eat a bagel, then you can either exercise more or cut calories elsewhere.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Bagels are my kryptonite! I used to eat them for breakfast everyday, but then realized that's probably why I had gained 12 pounds since I started my current job (they bake fresh bagels in the cafeteria everyday). So now I just have one a week, usually on Fridays. Today I stopped at Panera and picked up a Baker's Dozen for my department. I'm such a pig that I ate TWO of them - a chocolate chip with honey walnut cream cheese, and an onion poppyseed with chive and onion cream cheese. They were so good but I feel so guilty--those two bagels with cream cheese added up to 980 calories! Eeek! :ohwell: I had a big salad for lunch to try to counteract.
  • Whooleeah
    Whooleeah Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You joined MFP (i'd assume) to make a LIFESTYLE change, not go on a DIET. Are you going to go your whole life without a bagel? I'd hope not. If it was delicious and you enjoyed it, that's a good thing...a treat once in a while will not kill your goals. Like holly said, just work it off or cut the calories somewhere else. It's ok!:flowerforyou:

What great advice!
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    My kid bought some bagel thins and I'm gonna have to buy her some more. I'm not looking at them, but I think they were 100 or maybe 120 calories each and crazy delicious!

Yeah, I live on those with a spread of a Laughing Cow wedge. Great snack or low-cal breakfast for 150 calories.

Helped with the bagel cravings a lot. But I agree with everyone else; a bagel won't ruin you.
  • ekloretto
    ekloretto Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Every Friday is donut day at my work. I used to hate it. Now I plan for it and allow myself 1 Old Fashioned Glazed. I skip breakfast at home, get my Starbucks coffee on my way in and bring a piece of fruit. All planned and accounted for so no stress just enjoyment.
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    This is a good example of everyday temptations. I wouldn't beat yourself up about an indulgence. Just keep on with the rest of the day and week. A little variance in daily calories can actually aid in your weight loss.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. It is very hard for me to resist them too. Just try to cut back on something else, or go for a brisk walk, and move forward. Hour by hour, day by day, persevere and do the best you can. Coming here and reading comments from others helps me.

Before I started seriously on changing my life, and eating more healthy (March 12, 2012), I had a bagel a couple of mornings a week. I absoultely love them, and have been craving one all week. I settled for toasted light 12 grain bread ( I cut way back on bread too) for 80 calories for 2 slices vs 310 calories for 1 Brueggers bagel.
    I try to avoid the break room whenever someone brings bagels, it isn't easy though.