New Relationship Birthday Gift.....

Options
onleethestrong
onleethestrong Posts: 44 Member
Help! (Please) :ohwell:

I just started seeing a really great guy a few weeks back, and his birthday is coming up. I have no clue what to get him. I want to get him something that he'll like, but definately don't want it to be over the top..... Simpler is better! One other factor in trying to figure out the right gift is that he's blind....

Any ideas?

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    If he is blind, does he like to listen to audiobooks? Maybe a gift certificate//buy an actual book from audible.com?
  • _HeyMommy_
    _HeyMommy_ Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Maybe a cd of his favorite band? Invite him over and fix his favorite meal?
  • deftanker
    deftanker Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Simple is simple. Just treat him like a king that day (if you are spending the day with him). Let him relax and be absolutely stress free for the whole day.

Thats all I ever want. Maybe a small token as well, something he can hold and think of you.

Or a guitar....
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Invite him over and fix his favorite meal?
    Honestly, I think that's perfect. A night out on the town.

But I'm not sentimental for things. [That's not to say I don't have expensive tastes...I just buy things I want myself].
    -wtk
  • onleethestrong
    onleethestrong Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think I will likely cook for him... Still debating on something tangible to add to that.... Guess I gotta go shopping and see if I find the "right" thing! Thanks for your opinions :)
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i have found that my boy loves when i cook for him. nothing is better than good food and good conversation. and (if youre ready for this) then a backrub after. he will melt right there for you, <3
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Maybe a nice pair of sunglasses?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Men are easy - good food and some bodily contact and you're set.

For my fiancee's birthday this year her requested yellow cake with chocolate frosting. No gifts, just from-scratch cake.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    What kind of things does he like? I'd get him something that he likes.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    No gifts, just from-scratch cake.
    What does "from-scratch cake" mean? Does it mean some kind of carnal favor? I can't keep up with the kids and their terms for carnal favors.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Shares the initials of a yummy brand of ice cream.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

But I'm not sentimental for things. [That's not to say I don't have expensive tastes...I just buy things I want myself].
    -wtk

Ditto
  • Argent78
    Argent78 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I always go for a nice bottle of wine
    Or treat him dinner!
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My man is a huge gin fan, but never buys really good stuff. So every xmas/bday I cook him something amazing in the kitchen, then in the bedroom. And he gets his gin. Did bacon vodka one time too.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Blow job, it's simple yet he'll appreciate the hell out of it!
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    Shares the initials of a yummy brand of ice cream.
    They sell that at BJ's Wholesale! Maybe pick up the DVD box set for "BJ & the Bear", and watch it at home. Then, put some Bon Jovi or Billy Joel. Check YouTube for old videos of famous athletes like decathlete Bruce Jenner, sprinter Ben Johnson, tennis star Billie Jean or the great Bo Jackson.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Some men enjoy this thing they call sports, maybe he would enjoy a trip to a baseball game or concert {yes even the visionally impaired can enjoy a sporting event}. Audio books are good, a new shirt.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    BJs always win brownie points.
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options

-wtk

Ditto

that would be a good option. maybe give tickets to a concert and go together? its a step up from a movie, and a fun experience to share.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Men are easy - good food and some bodily contact and you're set.

For my fiancee's birthday this year her requested yellow cake with chocolate frosting. No gifts, just from-scratch cake.

What she said. Maybe cologne? But I would settle with some delicious cupcakes and some "happy fun time."