Bowflex TreadClimber

Options
Hey y'all...I was just wondering if anyone else was using the Bowflex TreadClimber. I bought one about two months ago and love it. Just curious if anyone else has one and what they thought of it.

Glenn-

Replies

• ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I want one!!!
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all...I was just wondering if anyone else was using the Bowflex TreadClimber. I bought one about two months ago and love it. Just curious if anyone else has one and what they thought of it.

Glenn-

If you ever want to get rid of it, I will buy it
  • kritik
    kritik Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I definitely WANT a Treadclimber! MUST look into getting one for myself! ;)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I've had one for years. I like it, but now that I've gotten into running, I go outside. But I'll still use the TreadClimber from time to time, especially if the weather is bad or I just want some light cardio as I can't run on treadmills because it makes me feel dizzy/unbalanced.

I've had it for 5+ years and it still works, too! That's always a good sign! Lol
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous! :)
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options

Glenn-

can you tell us what kind of results your got at 2 months using it?

by the way I want one so bad! :sad:
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting one...sounds like it might be worth it.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Whats the hourly calorie burn via a HRM?

I keep looking at these and wondering if they are worth buying..
  • slayerwatcher
    slayerwatcher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I caught a really good deal back in March. Their catalog site was clearing out a bunch of their discontinued models (TC5000) and I was able to snag one for $1300 with free shipping and a free rubber mat ($100 value). I really wanted one for a long time, but couldn't justify shelling out the $3-4K that it cost for the newer models without first trying it out. However, for that price I was willing to take a gamble on it. Nautilus also sweetened the deal with 18 months no interest payments. That made it really easy for me. When I got it, I immediately assembled it and started using it the very next day. Initially, I jacked it up to 3mph and that lasted about a minute. I throttled back to about 1.5mph. You really don't have to go fast to get a good workout on this thing. After about two weeks, I was able to work my way up to 2.0 and then go up every few minutes and then finish at about 3mph. I haven't been able to work out on it for the last week because I've been suffering with gout in my left foot. However, I've been using it consistently for about five weeks as well as eating a healthy diet and I've trimmed 28lbs.

The thing I like the most is that it's right there in my house. In fact, I have mine at the foot of my bed so that I can't avoid it. Also, it's really easy on my knees and my shins. I had to run every day when I was in the Air Force and it killed my knees and I get severe pain from shin splints. This thing allows me to get a very good workout without the knee and shin pain. Another thing is that this sucker gets your heart rate up really quick. It gets my heart rate up to the fat burning zone quicker so I can get the most out of my workout. I'm a big fan of this piece of equipment. I'll see if they're still running that deal.

I'm almost over my gout attack and can't wait to get back on my TreadClimber. Let me know if you have any other questions. Take care, y'all...

Glenn-
  • slayerwatcher
    slayerwatcher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Whats the hourly calorie burn via a HRM?

I keep looking at these and wondering if they are worth buying..

Depending on how fast you're going, you can burn anywhere from 8-20 calories/minute. My last 30 minute workout burned about 450 calories. I'm sure results will vary for each person.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Thanks...Theres a nearby store selling a ex display model for £499.00
  • Riverinmytown
    Riverinmytown Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have one. Love the burn! But i notice really bad back pain after use :(