Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weekends Kill Me

Ok. So the last two days have not been so great. I didnt eat so great and didnt work out. But now it is the weekend and all I feel like doing is drinking some wine and doing a whole lotta nothing. How do you guys stay motivated during the weekend?

Replies

• flong1975
    flong1975 Posts: 56
    I am having the same trouble lately ( a lot more then I would like ) but I try to make sure I do something active early saturday morning... either a long walk 3-4 miles with my husband or now that it's nice out I garden and do yoga on my deck. I try to eat really well all week so that I do not feel so guilty if I cheat a little Friday or Saturday. I know that I will slip up now and then and refuse to make myself feel guilty because if I can not be flexible with this new life style, I will not stick with it. And when I do get side tracked, I realize it, do something active but fun and move on! Picturing my future self in that 2 piece or looking fab in a new dress for a wedding coming up really helps keep me motivated too :0)
  • yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    I'm mostly the opposite. I'm more motivated during the weekend than during the work week. Since I chart my weigh and measurements at home on an easily accessible graph I often walk over to it and look at where I was and where I want to be. Knowing that going back to bad habbits will reverse those lines keeps me from doing the bad and stay with the good.
  • tamamommy
    tamamommy Posts: 71 Member
    I feel the same way!!! I think of it as well I have done great all week so I deserve to treat myself. HELLOOOO, treating myself is what got me to where I am.
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Part of the reason I stay so diciplined during the week is that weekends can be tough so it is my time to live a little. Except this weekend. I am close to reaching 20 lbs lost and plan to eat well and exercise hard to make it to my next milestone. Set some short term goals like that or at least make yourself do the workout to balance out with the wine.

peace
  • ediesmommy
    ediesmommy Posts: 76
    Great advise DangerJim. I get up at the same time every day (weekends included) and walk every morning. Change the way you look at it.. it's not me depriving my self of sleep or food... the morning is my time for quiet and peaceful reflection... it's time that the kids aren't needing me for anything, I'm not fixing something or getting something or running errands.. it's my time. And when I think I'm done and can't go my normal hour, I take a breather and think about why I am out there working and sweating my butt off... it's to sweat my butt off! If I take the weekend "off", I am more likely not to keep going come Monday morning. I am NEVER unhappy with myself when I get out there and walk, but man am I unhappy with myself when I don't.

It's all a matter of perspective. Consider it a gift that you are giving to yourself, and reap the rewards from it!