Do you log before or after

Options
Does anyone else think it's better to log your exercise before you hit the gym or wait until after?
I feel like if I log it before I do it makes me push myself to make sure I meet the time and pace I have set for myself.

Replies

• acresfield
    acresfield Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I thought you were about to ask a question about weighing before or after the toilet :)
  • AmyB69
    AmyB69 Posts: 117
    Options
    That's what I do! I log in the morning, first thing. It makes me do what I logged I would do! Sometimes I even end up exercising a bit more. I log my food, then change if there were changes. This is how I've been doing it since January, and it's worked out great for me! Good luck!
  • sportsforfun
    sportsforfun Posts: 353
    Options
    I do the same thing with food. There are times when I will log my food at the beginning of the day and I feel obligated to stick to that the rest of the day. If I don't I have to go back and change it.
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    I try to log before I exercise, as a way to motivate me. It's also a way for me to set an appointment to workout. If I log it, it's a promise I will do it:) However, sometimes I may not do the full amount I put in/or what I do. So I just adjust my exercise log.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't go to a gym, but I never log an exercise until I've done it.
  • katara74
    katara74 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I log my exercise after I complete it because I'm not sure of the calorie burn until I've done it.
  • Rommel_V
    Rommel_V Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I log after the activity!
  • FITBY30
    FITBY30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i go here before bed and log the next days exercise and food- that way i wake up and already know what im eating that day, and what i have to do for exercise that way i dont get distracted/lazy etc. cuz ive already held mysefl accountable. the past couple of weeks ive actually been doing two or three days in advance-i have to tweak it here and there but i feel like it saves me time getting a few days ahead...and i have only changed what exercise i planned on doin once in the past month to be less-but added almost everyday. its kinda like me putting it in ahead of time is my have to, then i go further.
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I log it after, I don't have any idea of what kind of burn I will have that day, so after I finish working out I check my HRM and then log it in mfp :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I log my exercise after I complete it because I'm not sure of the calorie burn until I've done it.

Me too.
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I log only after I've done it.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I pre-log, but a low estimate. I like to plan my meals around it and I tend to exercise at the end of the day. -
  • sweetybird09
    sweetybird09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    After I exercise
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i log after i have worked out as i use a HRM :)
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I log after I exercise :smile:
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i log-in my food before i eat, but my exercise after. i like to have my meals planned, and it makes it easier to stay within calories during the day when i already know my calorie count for dinner. i never know how long i'll have a the gym (i take my 3 year old with me to stay in the childcare) so i can't write exercise first.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    No logging until I'm done exercising or eating.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I log my exercise afterward since I don't know how many calories I burned until I check my HRM. I do the same thing with food, since I might eat more/less than I planned.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Count me in as one of the people that logs first thing in the morning or even the night before. I can always adjust it later to reflect what actually happened. That goes for food and exercise. I don't stick to the day's play religiously, but it really helps give me guidelines and what I'm going to burn/consume for the day. Basically, it lets me know if I can have one of those oatmeal raisin cookies at Subway.
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I thought you were about to ask a question about weighing before or after the toilet :)

LOL that's what I thought too!

I log after I workout, so I have an accurate number. If I know how many calories I want to burn, I just keep working till I get there.