Help would be appreciated :)

Options
Hey, i've just started out with trying to loose weight and tone up and I'm not 100% on what I should do :S

Vitamins, im taking 2 different types of multi-vits, cod liver and C's.
My diet includes alot of meat, but i'm pretty sure I eat too many carbs?
My excercise includes of a bike ride every night which im not working.

What can i add to all of this to shed some weight, but in the long run i want to put some back on in muscle.
Any contributions would be appreciated :)

additional info:
Im 18 years old, 6ft4 and 17stone :)

Replies

• beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    If you want anyone to comment on your diaries you'll need to open them up so everyone can see them. Go to "settings" and change it.
  • ViccarsUK
    ViccarsUK Posts: 4
    Options
    fixed, bump :)
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    fixed, bump :)

Nope, not fixed, but never mind! A bit of general advice -

The bike ride is an excellent idea - anything that gets you off the sofa and moving is great. Do you go to college? They often have gyms and exercise classes you could join. Is there a leisure centre near you? Exercise class in church hall or scout hut?

I suggest you keep your food and exercise diaries up to date and eat the number of calories suggested by MFP when you joined. You can check the nutrients you're getting. Don't worry if your protein and fibre are a bit over what MFP suggests.

The main thing is to keep at it - losing slowly is great as it's easier for your body to adjust and the changes you make are smaller and easier to maintain.