any bird owners on here?

Options
da_sammit
da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
hi i am sam. i currently have two resident cockatiels (and one on the way!! hes an egg). i seem to be a "rescue service" as i end up with every one elses birds or i remove them from bad homes myself. over the past year i have found homes for 3 budgies (found abandoned in a unit with no seed or water), 2 cockatiels and a rainbow lorikeet. currently under talks to take on an elderly tumoured budgie after losing my 14yr old rescue to a fatty tumour in feb this year. i recently lost my male cockatiel to a fast growing inoperable tumour, monday he lost his voice, tuesday he began to throw up and wednesday we made the choice. he was 4 and i miss him terribly. helping other needy birds heals the heart but will never fill it RIP Sere.

i have loved birds ever since i was a kid. ive kept everything- lorikeets, ring necks, budgies, cockatiels and lovebirds (masked and PF).

would love to have some more bird nutter friends so add me away and tell me what you keep!

Replies

• beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    yep I do, I have 2 pet pigeons, and 2 canaries, they have such personalities! check my pics out
  • da_sammit
    Options
    the canaries are sweeties!! whats it like owning pet pigeons? ive always wanted to have a tame collared dove.. or even an aviary full of bleeding hearts..
  • da_sammit
    Options
    no more bird owners???
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    Nope, not me.

I do keep reading the title as "Angry bird owners..." by mistake though :)
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Absolutely big time. I have big beautiful walk-in aviary out past the pool, under the orange trees. I have about a dozen cockatiels in it. Love them.:happy:

I just lost one of them recently, I had him for 16 years. :frown:
  • da_sammit
    Options
    that sounds gorgeous!!! id love to have an aviary one day.. id fill it full of aussie natives.
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have a Quaker Parrot.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    If you like birds, you'll like my profile. Add me.
    Oh and lovebirds > cockatiels.
  • sarahsaur
    sarahsaur Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've got a green cheek conure, 3 cockatiels and two parakeets. I love my birdies! Someday I want a Macaw. :)
  • markyp33
    markyp33 Posts: 25
    Options
    I prefer to call her my partner and look on her as equal
  • jdenny6
    jdenny6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have two lovebirds and yesterday they shredded up $60. they are quite fabulous.
  • da_sammit
    Options
    HHAHAHAHA a friends lovie shredded her work pay cheque and a $100 bill so they can be little turds when they want to be!! i think the worst thing mine has ever done was eat the edges of an essay that was due in an hour... at least my tutor thought it was funny..
  • MellyLikestoRun
    MellyLikestoRun Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    All I have are chickens at the moment. They are pets, and my children coddle them as if they were puppies. I grew up with a yellow naped Amazon and am trying to get her to come to our house. We took care of her for years while friends of ours adopted two little girls. When the girls were big enough, Awk went back home. I've hinted that she is welcome to come to our house...