It's a big fat lie!

Options
GasMasterFlash
GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
Cauliflower cannot pass for mashed potatoes, unless you disguise it in ridiculous amounts of other ingredients.

Damn -- we tried it and it tasted like *kitten*.

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Also, spaghetti squash isn't fooling anyone. :angry:
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I disagree. I made it the other night and it had the same texture as mashed potatoes and I thought it tasted delicous (made mine with only a little milk and greek yogurt)! Maybe it's the recipe you used??
  • lovetobethin86
    lovetobethin86 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower cannot pass for mashed potatoes, unless you disguise it in ridiculous amounts of other ingredients.

LOL u can try making a half and half batch......Oh another thing I've done is making mashed potatoes and adding in some pureed white kidney beans. Even my husband lied it and it adds major protein and fiber:)
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    There's no way around it. Cooked cauliflower smells like *kitten*. Never again! :angry:
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    I like both, but they really do have different textures.
  • lovetobethin86
    lovetobethin86 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    There's no way around it. Cooked cauliflower smells like *kitten*. Never again! :angry:

Did u cook it with veggie broth? Cooked broccoli smells like **** too and broccoi and asparagus make your pee smell horrible....not gonna eat that too? lol
  • stephanie1133
    stephanie1133 Posts: 211
    Options
    LOL! I actually really like it. I season it well though; garlic, salt, and pepper. If it's plain or just with butter I find it rather disappointing as well.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    I'll only try it again with a can of condensed soup mixed in.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I like to add a can of low sodium condensed soup to mine!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

LOL u can try making a half and half batch......Oh another thing I've done is making mashed potatoes and adding in some pureed white kidney beans. Even my husband lied and said it tastes good and it adds major protein and fiber:)

fixed it for you
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    So true. I made a cauliflower pizza. No matter how much yummy stuff I put on top, it still tasted like crap. Blech!
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I love raw cauliflower, but cooked is disgusting (to me), and is not a substitute for actual mashed potatoes. I'd rather just eat less of the real thing, ick.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options

LOL u can try making a half and half batch......Oh another thing I've done is making mashed potatoes and adding in some pureed white kidney beans. Even my husband lied and said it tastes good and it adds major protein and fiber:)
    fixed it for you
    :laugh: As the kids used to say years ago... True dat.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I have to substitute enough ingredients in my cooking bc of my allergies that I refuse to fake the foods I don't have to fake. I love potatoes. I love them mashed, baked, and fried. Cauliflower is yum when raw, but I'll stab the first moron to try to feed it to me in place of potatoes.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried mashed cauliflower. But I love it roasted in the oven. I toss it with some olive oil, garlic salt, & pepper. 425F @ 10-15 mins. YUM

I will say, I can't stand the smell of broccoli. Blech.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    Cauliflower is yum when raw, but I'll stab the first moron to try to feed it to me in place of potatoes.
    :drinker:
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    Haven't tried mashed cauliflower. But I love it roasted in the oven. I toss it with some olive oil, garlic salt, & pepper. 425F @ 10-15 mins. YUM
    Now, that sounds good!
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Tried the cauliflower Yech! wont try that again. Actually love spaghetti squash. Had some last night and family asked for it again next week. I gave up white potatoes for good and have a half of sweet potato once a week.
  • pknow
    pknow Posts: 5
    Options
    Oh... I strongly disagree. Coming from a carbaholic and mashed potato crazy woman, I was thrilled to discover this. I include garlic and plain greek yogurt and find it curbs my appetite for the real thing. But.... everyone is entitled to their own likings...... I DO agree with the spaghetti squash not fooling anyone.... YUCK!
  • cmurray234
    cmurray234 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    *shudder*

I tried this too. And the pizza crust. But then I promised myself that I wouldn't eat things I didn't like. If I want mashed potatoes, I have mashed potatoes. And when it's time for pizza, I have the real thing. No sense wasting the yogurt/milk/cheese calories. :D