BREAKFAST

Options
jolinemariem
jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
Hey everyone!
I am looking for new breakfast recipe. Low Cal and delicious please. I pretty much always eat cereal or a cereal bar something like that.

Replies

• MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup puree pumpkin
    2 tbs. skim milk( Or any milk you take)
    1/4 cup oatmeal
    put in rasins and or nuts and or flax seed or whatever else you wish!
    I think it is wonderful!
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I take one half cup of egg whites and mix them with one-quarter cup of oatmeal and cinnamon, and pour it into a Pam sprayed frying pan and make an oatmeal pancake. I top it with a tablespoon of peanut butter. Sometimes I'll also top it with sliced strawberries or bananas. Very low in calories and very filling.
  • sephiagurl
    Options
    To Ms Vita: I read your receipe and was wondering to you bake the pumpkin and oatmeal mix or do you drink it?
  • allisontaylor
    Options
    Some of my fav's:
    -smoothie (1 cup frozen fruit, 1/2 cup fat free yogurt...I like Stoneyfield Farms French Vanilla, 1/2 cup water, 1 TBL wheat germ, sprinkle of cinnamon - then blend).
    -1 slice whole wheat toast, one egg "fried" in olive oil cooking spray, low fat cheese slice melted on top
    -Low calorie tortilla stuffed with 1 egg scrambled with salsa/veggies, low fat cheese
    -I keep mini-containers of pre-measured nuts and dried fruit to grab on the run
    -String cheese and an apple
    -Homemade "McMuffin" - whole wheat english muffin (toasted), canadian bacon, low fat cheese
    -1/2 cup yogurt topped with super-crunchy cereal or low cal granola and blueberries or other fruit
    -Clif brand MoJo bar - 180-200 calories each, high in protein, mostly organic, NO high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oils (get at Target/Walmart/Kmart)
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of egg white scrambled with veggies. Usually spinach and mushrooms, but there are dozens of other combinations. It seems to keep hunger at bay for hours.
  • sabbles
    sabbles Posts: 37
    Options
    spread laughing cow light cheese on top of a toasted whole wheat english muffin (or wheat toast). sautee baby spinach in a pinch of olive oil (or spray) with garlic, onion, red pepper flakes, and cumin. put spinach saute on cheese and top with one egg cooked over medium, or cooked egg whites.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Wow, some of these ideas sound great & are things I never would've thought up on my own.

My quicky workday staple is a an apple or half a banana and a tablespoon of peanut butter. I ate an apple & 1tbs PB at 8.30 this morning and it's almost 12.30 & I'm still not very hungry. Normally I would've had a snack of some kind (my staple is 3 oz carrots) by now, but not today. My weekend staple is an eggwhite omelet with veggies, maybe some lean protein, and some full fat or 2% fat cheese. YUM and super filling. I can make a big omelet for under 250 cals even with the full fat cheese.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    1/2 cup puree pumpkin
    1/4 cup oatmeal
    I think it is wonderful!

Ooo.... I :heart: pumpkin! And oatmeal! :laugh: Oh man... add some cinnamon and maybe a teaspoon of brown sugar... oh this sounds delightful! :love:
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i kind made my own your guys egg whites made me think cause i have never had them before now this is just becuase its what i had in my house

245 30 7 13
    cal carbs fat protein

white bun toasted
    slice of american cheese
    2 egg whites

healthy balance juice apple cranberry

it tasted like mcdonalds, and it was really filling i had a bite left i couldnt finish
    and i dont think it was too bad health and calorie wise tell me if i am wrong
  • dartboarddiva
    dartboarddiva Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Frozen low-fat multi grain waffles. Melt raspberry jam in the microwave and use for syrup. 1 tablespoon of jam is plenty for two waffle rounds.
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    To Ms Vita: I read your receipe and was wondering to you bake the pumpkin and oatmeal mix or do you drink it?
    make it how you would regular oatmeal, you are just replacing the water with puree, eat like oatmeal but thicker.
    it does call for brown sugar and cinnamon but I left taht out:) LOL
  • 15togonar
    Options
    Spread 1 tbsp peanut butter on a multi-grain waffle and have with some fruit.
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup puree pumpkin
    1/4 cup oatmeal
    I think it is wonderful!
    That sounds GREAT!!! I am trying this tomorrow!
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup puree pumpkin
    1/4 cup oatmeal
    I think it is wonderful!

I am trying this tomorrow too!!! :tongue: Can't wait. I have a feeling you just gave me a new fave! :wink:
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Mini Veggie Frittatas - makes 6, serving is two - easy and quick to grab in the morning.

4 eggs (or 6 egg whites)
    veggies - whatever is on hand, I used red peppers, onions, spinach and mushrooms all diced
    1/4 cup 1% milk
    1/4 cup shredded low fat cheese

whisk the eggs and milk, add in the veggies, pour into 6 greased muffin tins, top with shredded cheese, bake 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for this recipe!! i tried it this am with a pack of instant banana flavored oatmeal (1/2 cup) and 1/4 cup egg whites! it was so yummy!! and it held together really good and kept me full til my scheduled am snack :happy: thank u thank u:flowerforyou: