Exercise gives you energy= BS!

Options
At least for me (before anyone starts to chew me out) I always feel so tired and exhausted afterward, and irritable during. I hate being hot and sweaty. I am already heat intolerant...I could be wearing shorts in Antarctica and could still be sweating....I absolutely can not stand the heat. It causes me to become irritable and that = annoying workouts. Then I get home and want to pass out afterward. So i guess it doesn't give everyone energy/feel good endorphins!! lol I think a better workout for me would be swimming, now if my gym only had a pool! damn it...

Replies

• Pedro_Infante
    Pedro_Infante Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Lol! I know, Right!
  • cutethang1
    cutethang1 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you already do this or not...maybe try a little something to eat an hour before working out. Are you rehydrating during your work out. ....G/L
  • juggalotus
    juggalotus Posts: 227
    Options
    Not sure if you already do this or not...maybe try a little something to eat an hour before working out. Are you rehydrating during your work out. ....G/L

Yes, and yes....I drink about 2 bottles of water/ hour I am at the gym. I go to the gym after work, so I have usually eaten around noon-ish...at the gym by 3-ish...maybe could try eating right before I go...
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    What do you wear? If you wear any old clothes that are lying around, then it may make your problem worse.

Try wearing moisture wicking clothing and see if that helps.. I don't have heat intolerance or anything, but I get super crabby too when I'm really warm and sweaty.. and I find that moisture wicking clothing helps keep me cooler and less crabby :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    It will continue to get easier as you drop pounds. Also, you *should*, after a while, feel like you need a little less sleep and have a general sense of wellbeing during the day... that is an experience reported by many. But I'm sure there are people who just don't like it.

As for the endorphins... I get them, but only if I'm still running at about the 1 hour and 10 minute mark...
  • juggalotus
    juggalotus Posts: 227
    Options
    What do you wear? If you wear any old clothes that are lying around, then it may make your problem worse.

Try wearing moisture wicking clothing and see if that helps.. I don't have heat intolerance or anything, but I get super crabby too when I'm really warm and sweaty.. and I find that moisture wicking clothing helps keep me cooler and less crabby :)

I have noticed that, I usually wear my "Danskin" workout top and have less of an issue. But the last 2 times I wore yoga pants and a black t shirt....yeah. I gained like 10 lbs back of the weight i originally lost and not feeling so confident in those clothes right now. hahaha but i guess i gotta suck it up!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

I have noticed that, I usually wear my "Danskin" workout top and have less of an issue. But the last 2 times I wore yoga pants and a black t shirt....yeah. I gained like 10 lbs back of the weight i originally lost and not feeling so confident in those clothes right now. hahaha but i guess i gotta suck it up!

Meh..who cares what you look like as long as you workout right? lol!

Look online at Under Armour in their outlet section and see what you can find. They have something called "heat gear" and it's some of the best for keeping you cool in heat..
  • PurpleCoookie
    PurpleCoookie Posts: 334
    Options
    I agree I'm still waiting for "I have so much energy now!!" effect.
  • mollysonnotice
    Options
    I had that for a while too (about a month) and it just click two weeks ago actually. Now I'm constantly doing some sort of workout (strength or cardio).
  • BrownEyedDiva
    Options
    I have the same issue. I began walking briskly at the track this week for an hour and each night I go home I pass out. I don't have more energy at all. Weird right?
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    When you carry a decent amount of extra weight it will be exhausting but once you get lighter it will help immensely the thing is to not quit, exercising or working out will provide benefits far above and beyond the energy you feel you have. It is no different then someone whom is lighter carrying extra weight all day and while exercising. Bodies in motion like to stay in motion, bodies at rest like to stay at rest. Diet plays an immensely huge role in energy levels as well, eat junk and you will feel like junk.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Are you doing something you enjoy? Makes a big difference.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    takes time i guess. I do have a lot of energy, and you get used to all the sweat to the point it just doesn't bother you, or well it doesn't bother me. drinking water all throughout the day is important, and not just at the time of the workout, and making sure you aren't doing too much too fast could help with irritability. lightweight clothes are a must. also helps if you are doing something fun.
  • demonNIИ
    demonNIИ Posts: 187
    Options
    sorry this happens to you..but personally I love getting sweaty and exercise has given me a TON of energy like I never exp in my life. I always go to the gym well fueled and not starving/weak. Can't run on empty
  • selfishshellfish
    Options
    I love exercising hard but when I'm doing that regularly my bedtime naturally gets 2 hours earlier. Exercising makes me tired. And when I was training really hard in my teens I used to wake up every morning aching like an old woman. I thought that was normal!
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You may be the type of person who does better working out in the morning. You're going after work, already after a long day, and not having eaten for hours prior. Sounds very tiring! If you can't do a morning workout, then at least get some fuel (non-sugary food) in in the afternoon. That should help.
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

I cant wait for that!!! :grumble:
  • Lay821
    Lay821 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

YUP Me 2:yawn:

I was experiencing the same thing until I figured out why .....I HATE THE GYM
    working out at home is way more fun & convenient 4me
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    I get lots of energy from it. The only time I am tired is if I need to drink water or if it is way later than I normally stay up.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am sure it varies for everyone... even daily. But for me I tend to get TONS of energy if I do it first thing in the morning... it just starts my day "just right" and I am more alert on the days I exercise before work. After my evening workouts I feel great, but later on I am exhausted... but thats just a mixture of working full time, juggling the little ones PLUS working out.

*** I personally LOVE the feeling I get after working out... In fact I had a T-Shirt on today that said "Endorphin Junkie" on it , while working out! LOL :wink: