What makes you feel sexy?

Options
So I am working hard on my "get back to my old weight" goal, but am sometimes discouraged. I had been about 200 lbs up until two years ago. I joined weight watchers and reached 137lbs, which was life changing for me. I had been a size 14 for 5 years at that point and over weight since I was 4 or 5. Fitting into a size 4 was beyond amazing and I felt so good about myself. While still only a 6 or 8, I find it disappointing when I cannot fit into my smaller clothing items. Worst of all is I tend to shy away from my boyfriend (of four years....with me at 200 and 137) and just don't feel sexy. He tells me I look beautiful on a daily basis, says weight doesn't matter, and that he loves me no matter what. However, he is 5 ft 10 in and 150 lbs. He is a string bean and it makes me feel self conscious. I know it is sad that my weight impacts our relationship but I don't feel sexy---but rather frustrated. While getting dressed up and going out will make me feel beautiful on certain occasions, its not the same on a daily basis. What do you do to motivate yourself and boost your self esteem?!?

Replies

• missevey87
    missevey87 Posts: 8
    Options
    Wow! Good for you! I feel myself doing the same thing. I lost around 35 lbs on WW. I slowly gained some back and I'm up 20 lbs now. Looking back to days where I felt "fat" or just down, I see how silly I was being. I was so focused on being thin, that I forgot what was important. I would focus on how to eat the least amount of points and if I ate "too many" points for breakfast or lunch I was just completely down. Feel good! Know you're good. I am having a very hard time now because I need to get back into the groove so I can lose but I am having a hard time switching to this system. Things that would 'cost' me a lot of points in WW don't really have that many calories, but that doesn't mean I should eat some of these options either.

Any way, one thing I would do when I was feeling really down was look at old pictures. It is hard to do, but it really makes you realize how far you have come and how much better you feel not just how you look. I would also throw on an old outfit. It makes me realize that I used to fit into that and how much I don't want to go back.

I hope that helps. Sorry I went on and on and off topic as well. Good luck!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Dressing up makes me feel sexy :)
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    look in the mirror after working out
  • soon2bfit80
    soon2bfit80 Posts: 10
    Options
    Victorias secret bras and panties or other lingerie. I actually feel sexier with some undies than being naked:)