Fitbit ~ Does anyone have one?

Options
Does anyone use the Fitbit? Like or dislike? Pros / Cons? Worth the money?

Replies

• hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and love it. It allows me to cals expended and eat at a more accurate deficit. I also like that it tracks my sleep... except when I roll over on it and it unsets the timer LOL.

I have a couple issues with it syncing with MFP, but then I just unlink it, and then link it again and it's work.

On days that I don't have bit, I feel lost.. I'm like oh no, how much do I eat ?!? I also like that is small and easy to wear under clothing. I would definitely say that it's worth the money.
  • wendyjo3
    wendyjo3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have one and I really like it. It gives you a great online dashboard so you can really *kitten* your activity level and progress toward your goals. Plus, it really motivates me to take the stairs or go for a walk. It's even better if you know others who have it because you can "compete"!
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I've been using mine since May 7th and so far I LOVE it. It keeps track of my steps, calories burned, flights of stairs climbed and also tracks your sleep....It helped me pinpoint why I'm always so tired.

The pro's are that it has an extremely long battery life (about 7 days on a charge), there is no annual fee to use, it's super simple.
    To me the only con is the fact that it isn't water proof. So if you use a pool for your exercise you will have to estimate your calories, etc.

In my opinion it's totally worth the cost...
    (Former BodyBugg User)
  • jninepug
    jninepug Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How much are they?
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if it tracks other exercises like weight lifting, resistance training, yoga, etc or is it just a pedometer for the most part?
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    They run anywhere from 85-100 dollars. I got mine at Best Buy for 95, but I didn't want to wait for it to come in the mail. I saw them on Amazon for around 85.

and they do not track strength training or stationary exercises, but you can log it under the MFP fitness or the fitbit dashboard.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit! Motivates me to love more. My neighbor has one & we try to beat each others steps. Much more accurate on actual calories burned. Just wish it was good for cardio/circuit burn. I don't have an HRM so I use MFP to log those but I don't log walks anymore, I just let fitbit adjust that.
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have one. It doesn't track weight lifting or anything (you can manually enter that, but if you want it to do the measuring for you, get a HRM instead).

I'm getting pretty serious about my running (literally just got back from a run, which Fitbit tracked) and stuff, so I love it. Also, now I'm obsessed with making sure I hit my minimum step/stair/etc goals each day so it encourages me to be more active.

I've had mine since April 5th. I paid full price because I'm in Canada and couldn't find it locally sold and Amazon wanted to charge shipping anyway so I just bought it from their site.

I never not wear it....except showers. It tracks my sleep. In my opinion, totally worth it.
  • shartso
    shartso Posts: 12
    Options
    I have had one for about 4 months now and it is very motivating. It drives you to attain goals, which leads to becoming more healthy and driving weight loss. I also use in conjunction with MFP and the two do a good job, tracking food(MFP) and exercise on the fitbit. I think it is worth it and it truly is addictive because it monitors your every step or lack of it. It has helped me in attaining goals.

The daily standard goals are 10000 steps a day, climbing up 10 flights of stairs a day and basically trying to get 5 miles worth of steps a day. These can all be customixed, but this gives you an idea of what it expects of you and 70K a week is a lot if you haven't been walking much.

Good luck in your decision and success to you in your goal attainament!!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if it tracks other exercises like weight lifting, resistance training, yoga, etc or is it just a pedometer for the most part?

I have one and I LOVE it!!! To answer your question, it doesn't track these things, per se, but you can use the timer function to record an activity and it will tell you how many calories you burned during that activity. I do this every time I go to the gym and then update my exercise diary on MFP.
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and I love it. Keeps me motivated to get moving. I love the altimeter for floors climbed even when I am out running and it's hilly those hills all add up. No it does not keep track of weight lifting or yoga just steps and stairs mostly, it also can track your sleep which is pretty neat. I would recommend one to anyone.
  • ChelleChelle77
    ChelleChelle77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think yall (yes, I'm from the south) have talked me into it. I especially like that you don't necessarly have to wear it on your waist like most pedomiters. When your overweight it isn't the most ideal of locations. :happy:
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    love mine. Think I would go through withdrawls if I lost it.
  • ChelleChelle77
    Options
    Good luck in your decision and success to you in your goal attainament!!

Thank you very much!!
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I wear my pedometers on my bra and forget it is there most of the time.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think yall (yes, I'm from the south) have talked me into it. I especially like that you don't necessarly have to wear it on your waist like most pedomiters. When your overweight it isn't the most ideal of locations. :happy:

I wear mine on my bra.
  • lilfurson
    lilfurson Posts: 190
    Options
    Just to give a different opinion since I have both. The Striiv has actually been more motivating in terms of walking / running / taking stairs and it's definitely more fun. I like that FitBit syncs with MFP and that I don't have to charge it every night. So do some research and pick the one thats best for you. The FitBit pushes you to be more active throughout the day and the medals do help to keep going or do more than normal. The Striiv has daily challenges which range from easy to extremely difficult and has pushed me way more than my FitBit.
  • ChelleChelle77
    Options
    I wear my pedometers on my bra and forget it is there most of the time.

I read that on the fitbit website and that is what perked my interest. Most of the perometers I've tried have to be worn on the waist. I get home from a long day and it has only registered 100 steps. Uggh!
  • ChelleChelle77
    Options
    Just to give a different opinion since I have both. The Striiv has actually been more motivating in terms of walking / running / taking stairs and it's definitely more fun. I like that FitBit syncs with MFP and that I don't have to charge it every night. So do some research and pick the one thats best for you. The FitBit pushes you to be more active throughout the day and the medals do help to keep going or do more than normal. The Striiv has daily challenges which range from easy to extremely difficult and has pushed me way more than my FitBit.

Thanks for the info! I will for sure look at pros/cons on both.
  • lilfurson
    lilfurson Posts: 190
    Options
    Oh and I wear my FitBit on my ankle...makes me feel like a criminal :D