Need to Break a Bad Habit...Please Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• BYana
    BYana Posts: 7
    Options
    I am in love with macdonalds fries!!! BUT it gives me lots of unneeded weight. So if I ever feel that i want to have fries i just drink lots of water or green tea and think about my goal. Also just try making homemade fries, it is so much better for you than macdonalds. I know how hard it is to say no this delicious fries, but just think how amazing you would look in shorts this summer if you pass on fries.
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I make it an out-of-body experience almost. Cravings and urges and basal, primal things. They are solely mental anomalies. You can stop yourself because you are in control of your thoughts. Don't give in to something bad that is not tangible and certainly not necessary for the welfare of your life and health.

In simpler terms, my process usually goes like this, "I'm craving a certain food. But I have the choice to give in to that craving or not. I am stronger than my craving; my craving does not control me. I do not need that food, and I do not want it."
  • Horseyrider
    Horseyrider Posts: 22
    Options
    Sometimes a person just wants a treat. How about some of their apple slices, or a fruit and yogurt parfait? They're both delicious, and with an iced tea you get some good antioxidants for very few calories.

People tend to forget that McDonald's isn't just burgers and fries anymore.
  • mommyffrog
    mommyffrog Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a person just wants a treat. How about some of their apple slices, or a fruit and yogurt parfait? They're both delicious, and with an iced tea you get some good antioxidants for very few calories.

People tend to forget that McDonald's isn't just burgers and fries anymore.

Actually that is a great idea! I didn't even think of those choices, and it's something I could totally do! Thanks!
  • mommyffrog
    mommyffrog Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am in love with macdonalds fries!!! BUT it gives me lots of unneeded weight. So if I ever feel that i want to have fries i just drink lots of water or green tea and think about my goal. Also just try making homemade fries, it is so much better for you than macdonalds. I know how hard it is to say no this delicious fries, but just think how amazing you would look in shorts this summer if you pass on fries.

I hear the logic, believe me!!! Now I just have to get thru my thick head!!!! :)
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    Never go to those places,,, just never.
    Once u eat there u will crave that food for days,
    I used to do long distance truck driving, the temptations on the road, u do not want to know.