Shakeology- what are everyone's opinions

Options
Ok, so my husband does beachbody's shakeology to make sure he gets all his nutrition in. He swears by this stuff. He says he has never felt better has energy, feels like he has eaten enough every day etc. I'm hesitant to start doing it consistently cause while counting calories it isn't something that tastes the best to me and I could be using those calories else where.
Let me know if you have used the stuff and how it affected you.

All responses appreciated! :)

Replies

• lisa46219
    lisa46219 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat real food? Does your friend plan on drinking shakeology for the rest of their life? You should be making choices that are sustainable long term. Think healthy life change, not diet.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    It's a great meal replacement if you don't mind paying everyone in the upline of who sold it to you. Personally, I don't see how it can be worth 2.50 more per serving than other highly rated MRPs.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Shakes are for people without teeth.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about shakes and stuff, all I know is that I'd rather eat what I'm eating instead of replacing tasty food with a shake that I'm not into.
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat real food? Does your friend plan on drinking shakeology for the rest of their life? You should be making choices that are sustainable long term. Think healthy life change, not diet.

^^ This.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    My arms and legs were blown off in the war, and the doctors gave me shakeology. All my limbs grew back, but with twice the muscle mass as the originals. But it has a weird aftertaste, so I don't really recommend it.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Waste of money in my opinion. If you do insist on going the shake route, there are much cheaper alternatives that will help give the same results. It's a fad.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't taste good why do you want to use it? I used to drink slimfast and by week 4 I literally couldn't get it down my throught, I would gag. Sounds like that might happen to you if already don't like the taste.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    My arms and legs were blown off in the war, and the doctors gave me shakeology. All my limbs grew back, but with twice the muscle mass as the originals. But it has a weird aftertaste, so I don't really recommend it.

Same here.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Not necessary when you can create your own
  • mallorielewis
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses there is one that I like. The only reason I would drink a shake is to make sure my body gets what it needs everyday while maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Not necessary when you can create your own

I make my own.... light vanilla soy milk, berries and a banana, scoop protein powder, flax blend mmmmmmmmmmm u can also use sugar free chocolate and a banana scoop of protein powder ice mmmmmmmm
  • michaelgilstrap
    michaelgilstrap Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've met a lot of great people that have gotten some great things out of it, the price is really the only thing stopping me. The one's I know that make it a lifestyle, mix berries, and have lots of recipes, combining real food with the shakeology. All the people I know that it works for, work out heavily and eat right in all their other meals, so who's to say wether the shakeology is working, when you know those other things cause weightloss, and increase in energy and all the positive stuff. If you can afford it at this time and it will help you meet your current goals, than at the very least I don't see any harm in it. Wow, that's a lot of advice from someone who doesn't use the stuff, lol. I guess I just wanted to play too.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXIh854x8qaMUqw59xSEqqBc3MStZFNCpGCwargQoTyyx6ax42VQ
  • sarahreischel
    Options
    I used to be a beachbody coach and the main reason I stopped was because shakeology never worked for me. It did make me feel full as I first started drinking it, but as the weeks progressed I started to feel like I needed more. It also didn't sit well in my stomach, at all. I think you could take a multivitamin rather than spending $90 a bag for that stuff. Eat a variety of healthy, fresh food and that will beat any "miracle shake."
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options

Same here.

^^^ this. Exactly
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Overpaying for "hyped" up shake isn't worth it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses there is one that I like. The only reason I would drink a shake is to make sure my body gets what it needs everyday while maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

This is what a decent multivitamin is for.