No More Blood Pressure Meds!

Options
Just got back from my monthly doctor appointment. This was the first month without any of the three blood pressure medications I was on. My blood pressure was 118 over 70! So bye-bye meds, been nice knowin' ya!

Also down 5.5 lbs since last month! That's now over 100 lbs. lost! Only 15 more to go to reach my goal!

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    That is exciting. Awesome job. :flowerforyou:
  • YourCatalyst429
    YourCatalyst429 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I remember when they took me off my blood pressure meds...I dance all the way out the office to my car!:flowerforyou:
  • Angie1215
    Angie1215 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    that really is GREAT news about no more meds!!! and congrats on losing 5.5 more lbs!!!!!!
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS - THAT'S AWESOME!!! That's what this is all about...huh? Way to go!!! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :smile:
  • bethany_jurries
    bethany_jurries Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is amazing! Congrats! Keep it up! I went to my Dr. today as well and I am down in my weight getting me closer to getting off my insulin medication!!! :smile:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Just got back from my monthly doctor appointment. This was the first month without any of the three blood pressure medications I was on. My blood pressure was 118 over 70! So bye-bye meds, been nice knowin' ya!

Also down 5.5 lbs since last month! That's now over 100 lbs. lost! Only 15 more to go to reach my goal!

just let me say, "WOW" and way to go :drinker: What a wonderful inspiration you are!!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    SUPER DOOPER your a real TROOPER! Good job for the weight loss in which got you off the drugs!!!
    I am proud of you, you are an inspirition to many!!!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! That is the best news!
  • 2kaizen
    2kaizen Posts: 64
    Options
    Wow! Congrats! That is soooo awesome and meaningful! Way to go! A real inspiration to so many I'm sure. And you look amazing!

Enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • janessmi
    Options
    Congrats :heart: I just went on blood Pressure med in July but am already anxious to get off of them. This group has some great weight losses.

Can anyone tell me how to add my ticker and individual goals to my posts? Is there some place to store them on the site or do I need to put it in a document somewhere else and paste each post?

Thanks so much for the help and inspiration. :smile:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    oh my my! :flowerforyou: great job!!! :drinker:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Congrats & great job!! :flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

These are the success stories that I LOVE most of all!!!
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    That is truly wonderful! Isn't it just extraordinary, that you're free of those meds! So happy for you!
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    Options
    I hope you are going to celebrate this big time. This deserves a new outfit, a massage, a weekend away ... someone else making dinner ... or maybe just a big hug from someone you love. (I would take all of them myself after losing that much weight and improving my health so much)

I thank you for being such a great inspiration !!! And congratulations on your well earned success.

Sunny
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    I hope you are going to celebrate this big time. This deserves a new outfit, a massage, a weekend away ... someone else making dinner ... or maybe just a big hug from someone you love. (I would take all of them myself after losing that much weight and improving my health so much)

I thank you for being such a great inspiration !!! And congratulations on your well earned success.

Sunny

I'm taking my wife, son, & daughter-in-law, and granddaughter out for Mexican food at our favorite Mexican restaurant tonight aftermy 45 minutes on the treadmill and 30 minutes on the weight machines. That way I can enjoy the food (and Margaritas) without seriously compromising my net calories for the day. Besides, it doesn't hurt to zig-zag my calories once in awhile to let my metabolism know it is still needed. LOL!
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Great news! I'm hoping for the same in about a week I will be seeing my cardiologist on Monday, Oct. 12. I hoping he tells me to bag the blood pressure meds. Last time I saw him I was at 312 lbs and now I'm at 274 lbs. I usually take my blood pressure readings on those machines at the stores. I hope they are reliable because my readings have been normal!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

This is what it is all about for me HEALTH! That is so fantastic!! How proud you must feel of your great success.

Mr Dancing Banana Man had to come out to dance for you
    0002013F.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!