if every day .....................

Options
2»

Replies

• EJand94
    EJand94 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well if you want to get technical the Mayans weren't predicting the end of the world. The Mayan Calendar is like a general gregorian year long calendar except that one ends each december 31st and then you have to get a new calendar. But the Mayans just made there calendar to Date X which just so happened to be December of 2012, they didn't create another one but they probably thought that a few hundred years would be sufficient enough. (Sorry, I'm kind of a nerd :-/)

But I agree with your question. I think it's bogus. I mean, you can eat the same thing every single day for 5 weeks, but you would get bored out of your mind!! I think what they are trying to say is that if you eat similarly as to what you ate that day, you would weigh around that much in 5 weeks.
  • EJand94
    EJand94 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Exactly. The mayans didn't know that a technical earth year rotation around the sun is roughly 365 and 1/4 days long. (Science geeks to the rescue!)
  • Cynkane
    Cynkane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I really like seeing those numbers! I don't think their predictions are based on eating the exact same thing every day, I think it's about the calories in and the calories out and all that, nothing more! I don't think it's what you eat! :)

I totally agree. Mine today said that I would weigh 10 pounds less in five weeks. I like seeing them it motivates me to keep up eating right and exercising. That is the hardest part for me, sticking with it. So I will take anything that will motivate me. :)
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    mine said id weigh 30lbs less yesterday! how awesome would that be?
    If only it were that easy.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I really like seeing those numbers! I don't think their predictions are based on eating the exact same thing every day, I think it's about the calories in and the calories out and all that, nothing more! I don't think it's what you eat! :)

I totally agree. Mine today said that I would weigh 10 pounds less in five weeks. I like seeing them it motivates me to keep up eating right and exercising. That is the hardest part for me, sticking with it. So I will take anything that will motivate me. :)

i also find it motivational ( if that is even a word) lol