I joined 5 weeks ago. . .

Options
Hello everyone. I read someone's post about how myfitnesspal worked for them and decided to give it a try 5 weeks ago. The smart phone app has kept me from overeating. I now know how many calories I can have during the day and still lose weight slowly. The app makes it easy to stay within the daily guidelines. I always check the app when we go out to eat. It helps me to make the best decisions at restaurants.

My first "mini" goal was to lose 10 pounds in 5 weeks. Tomorrow is my weigh in date. So far I have lost 9 pounds (as of week 4 - I only weigh once a week) and feel confident when I step on the scale tomorrow I will meet my goal. I have set up another mini goal of losing another 10 pounds in another 5 weeks. If I hadn't read someone's post 5 weeks ago, I would still be in the same place I was before. I'm glad I decided to follow through with watching what I eat. I am feeling so much better about myself and have started exercising regularly (but not strenuously . . . yet ;) ).

Replies

• nray3119
    nray3119 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey good luck with your weigh in. You are doing great!
  • summergirl212
    summergirl212 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! i'm sure that you will reach your goal too and it will be something to celebrate. It is always hardest to get started and now that you've been doing it for 5 week i'm sure that you will be able to stick with it. Keep up the awesome work!
  • michellechef
    michellechef Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal and then some. :) I am now down 12 pounds in 5 weeks. Thanks guys!