I blew it.....hating myself

Options
I have been so good for almost a month and tonight I got in a fight with my SO and went out and binged. I feel like I have ruined my efforts for the past 3 weeks!!! Help.

Replies

• Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Unless you just had a 10000 calorie meal, you didn't. It's one meal. Hope you enjoyed it. Move on.
  • ShemikaPerry
    Options
    Don't worry you will be fine! Try eating and drinking uncontrollably for 3 whole days! Yes my vacation to Miami last weekend had me thinking i gained 5 lbs, only to find out it was water weight and that i somehow actually lost a pound once i got rid of the water weight. Weird huh? just get back on track tomorrow!
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Nothing is ruined! This was one splurge, and it's a simple thing to move past. Like Spanaval said - unless you consumed 10,000 calories, you should be okay. You may just be "maintained" for a few days until you get back on track. Don't let one meal undo all the amazing work you've done!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You only blew it if you let one night stop all your great efforts. Tomorrow is a new day, you'll be fine.
  • kayd69
    kayd69 Posts: 29
    Options
    So you had a cheat day.....it will take a lot to blow 3 weeks.....we all do it....Tomorrow is a new day.....Get back on the horse and ride into the sunset .....You will do great! :-)
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    One binge is not going to ruin weeks of good eating unless you allow it to by getting into a state about it and carrying on or giving up. Many people have days where they eat.more than usual or have a pig out. They dont take it as a terrible disaster but simply return to regular eating the next day. It will balance itself out and is better to think longterm rather than one day.
  • MissC787
    MissC787 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You only blew it if you let one night stop all your great efforts. Tomorrow is a new day, you'll be fine.

^^^^^I agree with her! ^^^^
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

Yup. Don't let one bad night get you down. Log it and move on. Tomorrow is another chance to get it right.

Drink lots of water, get in a good workout and stop beating yourself up. :flowerforyou:
  • tripletmom2004
    tripletmom2004 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words!! Back on the wagon and to the gym in the morning. :)
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else who posted so far. One day, or one meal for that matter is not going to spoil everything.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    It's okay....Just start off better tomorrow. You can't change whats done : )
  • JustBreathSB
    JustBreathSB Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Put it behind you, tomorrow is a new day :)
  • Sunshine177
    Options
    I have blown it too. However I was told don't worry about the past just take care of one day at a time and 1 pound at a time. You will get there. Good Luck!:flowerforyou: :happy:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I have been so good for almost a month and tonight I got in a fight with my SO and went out and binged. I feel like I have ruined my efforts for the past 3 weeks!!! Help.
    Lol, don't be shocked if you lose some weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ddemonch
    ddemonch Posts: 16
    Options
    Don't worry you will be fine! Try eating and drinking uncontrollably for 3 whole days! Yes my vacation to Miami last weekend had me thinking i gained 5 lbs, only to find out it was water weight and that i somehow actually lost a pound once i got rid of the water weight. Weird huh? just get back on track tomorrow!

HAHA thats aweosme! :)
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    One binge is not going to ruin weeks of good eating unless you allow it to by getting into a state about it and carrying on or giving up. Many people have days where they eat.more than usual or have a pig out. They dont take it as a terrible disaster but simply return to regular eating the next day. It will balance itself out and is better to think longterm rather than one day.

Yes this

It's what you do 95% of the time!!! You don't need to be a perfectionist 100% the whole time. Just jump back on the horse the very next meal or day!