where do you put your key on race day?

Options
quilteryoyo
quilteryoyo Posts: 6,107 Member
I have a 4 mile race tomorrow and just realized I won't have a friend there to hold my keys and my shorts and t-shirt don't have pockets. What am I supposed to do with my car key? (I'm almost positive that they do not have lockers for the race participants.)

Replies

• workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have a shirt with a pocket in it that I've used in the past when my hubby is not there. I finally broke down and bought a spibelt. I tested it he other day and really liked it.
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I always lace mine into my shoestrings so that it lays flat along the tongue of the shoe. I loop it through several times towards the top end of the shoe, tuck it in through the laces so there's no chance of it coming loose, and then lace up the remaining portion. Works great for me.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    tie it into your shoelaces
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    tie it into your shoelaces

or if your shorts have a drawstring you could tie it there.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    even a safety pin into your shorts if no drawstring.

mine, I just leave in the car -- have a keypad entry, so that's a bonus.
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have carried mine in my hand. I never have anyone to hold my stuff. Better to wear something made for the purpose.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    1. Inside a running shorts pocket
    2. Tied into your laces.
    3. Hidden on or near your car.
    4. Pinned with the safety pin on your race number.

If all else fails, do like they do in prison... hooyaw!!! :tongue:
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    very carefully place it on top of the drivers side tire ( if you drive a car this works much better) usually the clearance between the tire and fender is small enough that it can not be seen.
  • oats4breakfast
    Options
    very carefully place it on top of the drivers side tire ( if you drive a car this works much better) usually the clearance between the tire and fender is small enough that it can not be seen.

Oh yea, great idea. I always find that you can pay a homeless person $10 to hold it for you too.
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    Go to spibelt.com

They work amazing. I also wear it to six flags :)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

Oh yea, great idea. I always find that you can pay a homeless person $10 to hold it for you too.

I was thinking between the ol' butt cheeks....just clinch real tight and race away! lmao I'm no help...:flowerforyou:
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    My Nike Dri-Fit shorts have a very small zippered pocket in the back waist band right at the small of the back.. perfect for holding a single key (tuck the spare car key in the pocket, and then lock the main keychain (car,house keychain etc) in the car).
  • oats4breakfast
    Options

Sorry, did I give away your hiding spot?

It's cool, Cliffslosinit gave me a new one and I can always hire that homeless guy to guard it.
    I wasn't sure if you were joking or not, but anyone scoping to steal your car will look there - especially if they're smart enough to realize a whole bunch of runners have parked there.
  • ldullman
    ldullman Posts: 4
    Options
    New Balance makes a shoe pouch that fits on the top of your shoe. I found mine at Target in the fitness section. Also... www.roadid.com has a shoe pouch that will carry a credit card as well as a key. I really recommend ths site for all runners and walkers. Carry ID!!!!!
  • JustBreathSB
    JustBreathSB Posts: 103 Member
    Options

I was thinking between the ol' butt cheeks....just clinch real tight and race away! lmao I'm no help...:flowerforyou:

Nature's pocket :) LOL
  • Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    After losing my key in the sandy beach (I found it), I tied a ribbon on it. I safety pin it to anything I'm wearing. Good luck w/ the race!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I learned a method in prison.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,107 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I don't think I'll try the prison method .:laugh: Since the race is today and I don't have time to buy anything, I'll probably tie it to my shoe lace. I hadn't even thought of that. But, thanks for those ideas. I'll have to get something for future races. Well, I'm off for my run! :happy:
  • TriGirlAustralia
    Options
    You can get a wrist pocket branded under "fly", or I keep it in my bum bag.