NSV - I did it!!!

Options
Emv79
Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
I tried in January...could not even get my toes off the floor.

Today, for the first time since that failed attempt, my trainer guided me to the bar and said "I'm sure you can do it now. I don't want you to try, I want you to know you can and just do it."

I was scared to fail (which is ridiculous, I know), but I did it!!!! My first close grip chin-up!
No hop to get momentum, just arms fully extended and hauled my body up keeping it vertical, my chin going as high as the bar and I was able to hold for 5 sec.

Small accomplishment for many, but for me, it was truly a proud moment. (I think I jumped up and down like a giddy school girl and could have done a victory lap around the gym...had I not had some restraint. lol). Hard work does pay off!

Replies

• muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    That is great...I'm not sure I could. Congratulations
  • carriedag
    carriedag Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That is no small accomplishment! Good Job! I actually need to make what you just achieved my personal goal! Thank you for reminding me!!
  • gabadabadoo
    gabadabadoo Posts: 49
    Options
    Fantastic NSV - this is so impressive!
  • scott1080
    scott1080 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    what a great achievement congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    awesome :)
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I tried to pull myself up the other day thinking it would be easy. I couldn't even raise myself even a little bit. So to be able to pull yourself right up and hold for 5 secs..... you have my admiration. Well done!!
  • Weaz66
    Weaz66 Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    That's truly a victory! You worked hard and it has shown. When I was younger (much younger), I use to lift with the guys and I still could never do a chin-up........congrats!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all of you.
    My family is trying to be supportive, but they simply don't understand why I get excited by personal fitness victories such as these. They understand the finish time on a run, for example, but not anything that has to do with strength training, however hard I try to explain.

Your support is priceless!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    This is great! I started MFP in February...I have a long way to go, but one night I dreamt of accomplishing the feat you just described...and my reaction was indentical (only I DID do the victory dance!) ha...there is hope for me after all! CONGRATS TO YOU!! GREAT JOB!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!
  • potatoyam
    potatoyam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    WOOHOOO!! THAT'S AWESOME!!! my goal is to do one chin up one time in my whole life!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Thats no small feat! I know I haven't been able to do it since I was a teenager
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!

It's funny that you posted it, because (literally) minutes ago, I just did my first unassisted chin-up. It's been a goal I've been working toward for 6 months!
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    awesome!!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    that is awesome! well done!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    That is NO small accomplishment. That's HUGE! Great job!
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    That is MAJOR! Congrats!!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Chin ups :grumble: The are tough so well done.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be so "DUH".... but what is NSV??? :noway: :grumble: :sad:
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Great job! That's my goal for the end of the year, God willing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!