Looking for support from friends

Options
Hi everyone, this is my first time using MFP and to be quite honest I love it! I'm hoping that by tracking what I eat I will be able to control myself a little more. The only problem is that this isn't the first time that I have tried to change my lazy unhealthy life...
Way back in March I got given a deadline by my doctor to lose weight so I could stay on my desired birth control. So of course I took the bull by the horns, lost a stone (14lbs) and went back smiling. But that's where it went wrong because without that deadline I lost my motivation and now I've completely let myself go in the last few weeks, not able to bring myself out of it - think chinese takeaways, dominos pizza and McDonalds with no self control!

So what I am asking of you lovely people is simply to add me as a friend, support me and give me some motivation to lose weight! Everyone on here is inspiring in their own way, and as I see the amount of weight some of you have lost I just want to be a part of that too. I need to be a part of it. Because I just don't want to live like this anymore.

Replies

• smgerkin
    smgerkin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have tried many times in the past, and MFP has really helped me this time. I am accountable, and have an awesome group I am connected to that keeps me in line when I stray (both with too many and too few calories.) Feel free to add me as a friend, and check out a few of my friends. Some of them have awesome weight loss stories, some have reset their tickers at each goal to keep themselves motivated. Good luck!
  • Beautiful_Ideal
    Beautiful_Ideal Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Added you :)

I phased in my healthier choices with some of my unhealthier ones (pizza: 2nd love of my life. After my husband! I exaggerate, but still :D ). I know you've probably heard it a thousand times, but "dieting" is all about sustainability - any changes you make should be lifestyle changes. Don't want to eat fruits and nuts every second for the rest of your life? Don't do it now, because it will cause you undue stress and will probably be unsustainable. Throw some veg on your pizzas :)

Which BC are you on by the way? I am on the Pill. I loooooove it, haha.

---Gets off of soapbox----
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    MFP is the only place I have ever lost weight and kept it off. I've been on maintenance almost a year now and haven't gained it back which shows I'm doing something right.

Losing the weight last year was easy for me. My doctor suggested I lose the weight as my knees are bad and I couldn't climb stairs without pain. It spurred me on and I lose 3 stone.

I switched to maintenance last August as I was going to be a bridesmaid and the dress was ordered. I couldn't lose weight between August 2011 - May 2012 but I couldn't gain it either.

The wedding has been and gone and I want to get back to losing more weight. But like you I no longer had that goal and worse of all I have become comfortable the size I am. I no longer have the drive to lose weight but I still want/need to (if that makes sense). Its that much harder. I can maintain but struggling to switch to losing again.

Would love to add you as I think the more support you have and the more people who can guide you and hold you accountable the better.

Good luck on your new lifestyle choice. You can do this!!
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to try to help keep you Motivated....I too have been there, that is why MFP is so great...we have all been there!!!
    feel free to add me

16544443.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    you know you can have all those things you crave, but only in moderation, i have not cut anything OUT of my diet, but cut BACK on heaps of things and increased the amount of activities i do. if i can lose almost 40lbs and still feel able to go on, i'm sure you will be able to find the resolve to do the same