24 yr old, mother of 2. NEED SUPPORT

Options
Iam a 24 year old mother of 2 little girls, and I have no friends in the same boat as me! I feel pretty alone, and of course I am overweight! I weigh 185, and would like to be 135. I was in the military, and since i have been discharged, and had two kids, I have been struggling. So here I am. I am going on vacation in aug, and would like to lose 25lbs. That would be awesome! Anyway, feel free to add me! Thanks for reading, lol :wink:

Replies

• luvinlife2full
    luvinlife2full Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You have support here! You can do it :)
  • Chogan3
    Chogan3 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 50 years old and have tried about every diet there is, lost weight but only to gain it back later. Probably like the majority of us do on the diets that help you to lose weight quickly. this time I decided to do it the right way with eating right and with exercise. It may take me more time to reach my goal but I know I am going about it in a much healthier way and will have more success in keeping the weight off. I joined a few weeks ago but just got start keeping up with everything I eat, drink and my exercise. I love this program. I won't plan a meal until I check my fitness app for the foods to see how many calories, fat etc are in it. It is so easy. I find myself cutting out the bad foods in order not to waste my calories since I can eat the healthier foods that don't have as many and have more of what I need for balanced meals. I know I will succeed this time and you will too. There are plenty of people here for the same reason and will be here for support. Good luck! BTW-all my friends are all in good shape too so its harder for them to understand what a challenge it is to lose it.
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 20 and a mother of one. You can add me!! =)
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send me a invite! I will support you in anyway I can

I am also a momma of 2 :smile:
  • Nae3030
    Nae3030 Posts: 7
    Options
    Feel free to add me and we can support each other. I am a mother of two trying to lose weight as well.
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
    22 yr old momma of just 1 for now =)
  • Just_One_Me
    Just_One_Me Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Add me ! Im 27, 5 children, Beginning weight was 191 right after having my fifth baby =) been on MFP 4 months and am currently 165 YOU CAN DO THIS ! =)))
  • Ashley870910
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm really excited about this. I just hope it lasts long enough for me to see results!
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I too am ex-military and gained weight after children. It is hard to get back into the "PT" thing once your out...You can add me...I think we can support each other!!!
  • mabernier
    mabernier Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Isn't it great how quickly you can get support and find people just ike you struggling with the same thing? Ashley, a couple of things that I saw in your initial note...first of all, you've got a lot going on, give yourself credit for all of that! Second, a short term goal like that is good, but it would be better to set yourself up for making it a lifestyle. Trying to lose 25 pounds by August might happen, but what I have done in the past is try to do that and then end up losing it and then shortly after gaining it all back quickly and then some because I wiped myself out from trying so hard. From my experience, I would recommend that you get yourself started in a way that sets you up for a lifestyle of eating right and let August come as it will...you'll be surprised how quickly the weight will drop off by just getting on track. Get your kids involved in your exercise, make it a help Mommy burn calorie session by running around at the park or doing something else that will involve them too. Great way to set them up for a lifestyle of having fitness as part of their upbringing too. So they see Mommy eating healthy and staying fit as a normal part of their life. You can do this! We are all here to support you!
  • LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    Hi! I sent you a request :)
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I was also in the military. I was still in when I had my daughter so I lost the weight fast because I had to. Now that I'm out I've gained loads of weight. Add me.
  • BeginningNew2012
    Options
    im a recent new mom n 24 yrs old.im looking 2 lose 110 lbs total, got 83 more 2 go. u can do it.