Same breakfast every day

Options
mluanne33
mluanne33 Posts: 70 Member
Is it unhealthy and/or unproductive to eat the same thing for breakfast every day? When I find something I really like I will eat it every day for weeks. Right now I eat 2 whole wheat toast with a bit of natural peanut butter and sprinkled with cinnamon. Good or Bad ?????

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Is it unhealthy and/or unproductive to eat the same thing for breakfast every day? When I find something I really like I will eat it every day for weeks. Right now I eat 2 whole wheat toast with a bit of natural peanut butter and sprinkled with cinnamon. Good or Bad ?????

The only reasons I can think of for NOT eating the same stuff repeatedly would be if your daily intake of food is lacking in certain nutrients. If you repeatedly eat the same things and it is continually lacking in necessary nutrients, you'll end up with deficiencies. The other reason would be adherence/boredom. That's all I can think of anyways.

But, you have to factor in your entire diet and not just one meal when you look at nutrient intake. For example, even if your breakfast consists of 1 slice of bread, you might get all your necessary nutrients later in the day.

Beyond that, I don't think anyone can accurately tell you that your breakfast is "bad" without knowing what you're eating the rest of the day.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Been eating 4 pieces of Whole wheat toast with all natural Peanut butter and honey for breakfast the last 3 years pretty much none stop and have lost over 300 lbs. It is my go to breakfast and has never gotten old... Wash it down with a glass of 1% Milk and my morning coffee... If it aint broke I'm not going to fix it! lol........
  • mneiner
    mneiner Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bob's Red Mill Steet Cut Oats with half scoop of whey vanilla protein powder and coffee every morning. Feel energized all the way to lunch!
  • mluanne33
    mluanne33 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Holy Smoke !!!! Awesome weight loss job !!! Guess I'll agree with you "Ain't broke..don't fix it "
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    I've been eating the same breakfast and lunch since end of January on weekdays. My dinners are mostly the same.

Nothing wrong with eating same, as long as its a well balanced meal plan. You don't want to go without essential stuff for long periods. I pop a multivitamin periodically to make sure I got all the bases covered. So far no issues, only 2lb per week sustained loss :)
  • ravennyx
    ravennyx Posts: 40
    Options
    I do the same, and agree it is fine so long as you are getting your nutrients I also just started taking a multivitamin and calcium to make sure I get all my nutrients.. On Dr Oz it was resently said that eating the same food every day helps to lose weight... I beleive this because I mostly do this in the winter, and while others are gaining in the winter I lose a couple of lbs without much excerise and then put it back on in the spring when I for some reason I eat more processed foods. Likley do to the boredom of the same, old same old.