WII Fit (not sure you have it in USA) Anyone using this?

Options
Hi
I love the wii fit!!!!! I use it every day and my body is loving it. Whats your opinion on it?

Replies

• Squeezalsize10
    Options
    Im considering to get it.... how long have you been using it for?
  • suemorgan1969
    suemorgan1969 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Had it for a year or so, just started using it again last week, its fab, well worth the money xx
  • iroze
    iroze Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've used the Wii Fit for a few years (back then it was $180 as opposed to now costing 100 bucks less) when I could find no other alternatives. I found the program didn't allow me to burn as much as I wanted. Also, it REALLY pissed me off that the Obstacle Course seemed to have a link to the Expert level which never activated. It wasn't until I spent months trying to activate it (man, did I try!!!) that I googled it and saw no such level existed!
    Also, I really hated getting on that board and having the squeaky voice go, "Oh!" like it didn't expect an elephant to drop on it ;)
    I now use "Exerbeat" with my Wii - it has some board exercises so the thing still comes in handy, and I burn three times as much in half the time. The Wii Fit hangs out in its case a lot nowadays.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    The disk that comes with it is pretty lame if you are in any sort of shape to start with. The step program, for example, is soooo slow and you get "dinged" if you aren't right with it.

I can't wait to get some other programs for it, though, that will be more fun and burn more. (We were just given the wii fit a couple of weeks ago and haven't gotten anything else for it yet). Any suggestions? Zumba? What else?
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I got one recently. I've only used it once, though. Another friend loves hers. I'll try it some more, but I'm a little scared of the balance board thing. It remains me of a step for aerobics....might twist an ankle or something.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I had one about 3 years ago. I had lost about 20 lbs just from using it. I haven't used it since that time, so I gave it to my mom. We have a Kinect now.
  • vyloran
    vyloran Posts: 11
    Options
    Just Dance is a fun alternative for Cardio. A friend and I love it. Even I have fun and I am super out of shape, but you don't feel like you're working out so it's easy to push through.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    The Wii Fit is a great introduction to fitness, I used it to get myself back moving. Since have purchased more fitness Wii programs and use them to supplement my routines. You will get out of the Wii routines what you put into them and I do not use their calorie calculations.
  • Tori1981
    Tori1981 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Also, I really hated getting on that board and having the squeaky voice go, "Oh!" like it didn't expect an elephant to drop on it ;)

LOL So very true x x
  • stephaniekneld
    Options
    I use it.... it is FUN!!! Better than just working out! I mainly use the sport challenges and the dancing ones. I have the balance board which makes this even more fun. It is one of the many things I use to keep myself from getting bored with the same routine.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I used it briefly. I really liked the step program, but maxed out on the difficulty very quickly.
  • morriusmfp
    morriusmfp Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Check out the workout mode in Dance Central and Dance Central 2 for Xbox Kinect. Great fun.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    It takes A LOT of mini games and exercises to really burn a lot. It's fun though, and I love that I have an inside option for rainy days or days that I just don't feel like packing up my six month old son and going outside. The yoga is really great, better than most classes, I think. But you should explore other Wii fitness games, I have golds gym dance workout and I can burn up to 200 calories with one workout with my "personal trainer".
  • virgo0825
    virgo0825 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I also love Wii Fit..If you haven't already tried Zumba for Wii you should..You might like it. It's a great way to burn calories.
  • suemorgan1969
    suemorgan1969 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have the dance ones also and the zumba, it beats going to the gym, which can be expensive.
  • ArtemisMoon
    ArtemisMoon Posts: 144
    Options
    I have one and enjoy using it from time to time, but it is a pain to pull out and put away because my cat would chew on the cords if I left it sitting out all the time. :grumble: I am interested in finding other games that would be fun and good exercise as well! I just need something that doesn't take any kind of excellent coordination, lol
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I have fun with it with husband, but I've never strapped on the HRM and tried to exercise with it. Might have to now...
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    We got one in Feb of 2011, and I used it quite a bit through the spring. I've used it some this year, mostly when the weather isn't good. I'd rather go out for a walk, though. I agree that although it's fun, it isn't terribly challenging if you're in good shape already.
  • nateurist
    nateurist Posts: 14
    Options
    I have both the Wii Fit with accessories as well as X-Box 360 Kinect and the Yourshape Fitness Evolved game (came as a bundle with another game). I've found the X-Box to be quite superior as the Kinect device seems to be very accurate thus not requiring any other props. The games are well laid out and they're logically ordered - by this I mean you move through the menu looking for what type you want then what specific exercise and level.

Wii was good in its time but if you haven't bought a console yet you might investigate the X-Box/Kinect combo. It also doubles a DVD player out of the box and the Kinect allows for video chat with friends via an internet connection. It's very cool overall.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    We do have them in the US, but I found it boring and didn't stick with it for more than a month before moving on to real workouts. Also EA Sports Active and Active More Workouts. I'm sure it works for some, but none of them were enough for me.

Anyone wanna buy a used Wii Fit? :wink: