Jillian Michaels

Options
pnut80
pnut80 Posts: 77 Member
So I have a couple questions for any of you who have used the Jillian Michaels DVDs.

My first one is, are there any that you would recommend for someone who is beginning the sculpting process? I have been doing straight cardio since january and im down 17 lbs! I do believe its time to throw something else in there. Ive been thinkin about one of her shred videos or something that I can do at home over the next few weeks or something. I really need a good strength training routine that I can do at home. I was thinkin about getting something on ebay (because of the price), and maybe some type of weights at walmart or even on ebay as well. any suggestions as far as all that goes is GREATLY appreciated :smile:

my second question is, are there any that you have used and seen results?? you are welcome to post pics!

THANKS!! :happy:

Replies

• mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    I love Jillian Michael's!! I have 2 weeks left of the body revolution and I love it! Any of her videos are great. Kickbox fast fix is awesome because it is broken down into 3 20 min workouts. You can do one or all. 30 day shred and 30 day shred with weights are both awesome too.
  • pnut80
    Options
    awesome thanks! i was actually thinking about the kickbox fast, but wasnt sure it would be good for a beginner whos never done kickboxing. but the dvds on ebay are so cheap im thinkin ill give it a try!
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    I am currently doing Ripped in 30 and Extreme Shred and Shred. They both use weights, more so in RI 30. Extreme Shed and Shred is tough. It's split into 2 workouts or levels. You can do both or just one. It's a really long workout when doing both, about 75 min. Start with lighter weights for either one, to make sure your form is correct. If their not challenging increase the weights. I think any if her DVD's will give you results, as long as you follow the program. Good luck to you and let us know how it's going.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Finished the 30 Day Shred today. See my picture in this link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/602479-final-day-of-30ds-picture
  • Legals81
    Legals81 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of 30 day Shred and I love love love it. And I love and hate Jillian at the same time. Thats the thing about her. You hate what she is putting you through but then you see it working and then you love it and then you go and do it again and the cyle starts again. lol
    Im definitely going to move on to another one of her workouts once im finished the Shred. Maybe Ripped in 30.
    Im alos thinking of doing her yoga meltdown dvd.

For 30 day shred. I bought 2kg weights and im managing fine and Im a total beginner.

Good luck!
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I just started on her 30 day shred videos this week. I found level 1 and 2 quite difficult (haven't attempted 3 yet). From a beginners perspective, I think these videos are made for someone who is fairly active to begin with. My friend and I did it together this week and at the end of one workout she said I don't know how someone who isn't already fit can do this, and I agree. They're tough and they'll make you sweat like crazy! She tells you ways to make the workout easier/harder, so there's a little flexibility there. Hope this helps :)
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    awesome thanks! i was actually thinking about the kickbox fast, but wasnt sure it would be good for a beginner whos never done kickboxing. but the dvds on ebay are so cheap im thinkin ill give it a try!

It really is perfect for beginners. It is really fast paced, but you learn the routine after a couple of go rounds. There is an instructional video included. Let me know what you decide!
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    All of them (that I have done) are really great:) I personally think the 30 day shred& ripped in 30 are the best for overall workouts. I haven't finished Ripped, but in a little over week I can see a difference.
  • pnut80
    Options
    thanks everybody for your input! i actually bought the kickboxing fast fix on ebay today...cant wait to try it out! i think that if all goes well i will invest in the ripped in 30...looked like a great dvd as well :smile: