Ladies! Help with something embarrassing!

Options
camel.jpg

I got a big one! It's always been big, it's always shown, but I've always been fat!
Now that I'm losing weight, it's all I see when I look in the mirror! OMG!
My husband thinks it's funny but it's so embarrassing!
HELP!

Replies

• Virginyaangel
    Virginyaangel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wear pants longer in the stride. Im sorry thats all I could come up with :blushing:
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    I looked at devices to wear on Amazon and they all got really bad reviews. I feel like I'm gonna have to wear a sports cup to get rid of it!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Cameltoe is from ill fitting pants, namely pants that are too tight in the hips and pulled up too high. Buy a size bigger and take them to a tailor to have the waist taken in to the proper size, and make sure the waist drop is long (look for classic or curvy cuts)
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    http://www.camelflage.com/

Though tbh, if they're that good, a panty liner would also do the job, surely!

I've no serious advice I'm afraid. Wear lower-crotched trousers/skirts?
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    it sounds like your natural waistline, where your pants rest at, to your crotch is longer than the pants you buy. You want to look at high waisted pants then, no low-riders. And if these are still too short in that area, then you may have to look at getting clothes professionally tailored to make it fit better in that area.

Sorry it's not the cheap answer, but there it is.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I looked at devices to wear on Amazon and they all got really bad reviews. I feel like I'm gonna have to wear a sports cup to get rid of it!

Please describe these "devices".
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Cameltoe is from ill fitting pants, namely pants that are too tight in the hips and pulled up too high. Buy a size bigger and take them to a tailor to have the waist taken in to the proper size, and make sure the waist drop is long (look for classic or curvy cuts)
    ^^ This, or take in the waist yourself.
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Definately get either a size bigger than you are or get a different cut of trousers. Make sure you're not pulling them up too high as well. You could also wear skirts (if you're a skirty person) or just longer tops?
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Your illustration made me giggle.... sorry....

I would go with the "buy bigger pants" thing. I am suprised about there actually being devices for this.

Go to a mall, go into several stores and try on different pants. Do not pay attention to the size, but the fit.
  • FrostyFour
    Options

It's actually one of the reasons I use tampons instead of a panty liner... my crotch is a black hole, it just sucks everything in! (Yeah, I said it...)

Makes sense you guys are saying to get pants with a bigger crotch, I suppose... Up until the last year or so I've always only worn men's pants which do have a significantly larger crotch. But I'm thin now, I wanna be beautiful too! So I need women's pants with a men's style crotch right? I tailor could do that surely?
  • FrostyFour
    Options

Please describe these "devices".

They're foam inserts for your panties that cover your form like a sports cup, but they're supposed to be thin and discrete. It's ok if you have a teeny lil line you're trying to hide, but I have a handful of crotch and everything that covers it just gets pulled down the middle LOL
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Yeah it is all about the fit of the clothing and how tight you are wearing....Bigger with that is always better....sorry i giggled too....Hope you find some great items to resolve your issue...
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Cameltoe is one of the reasons that I started wearing skirts.

It sounds like you have a long rise ( the measurement that goes from waistband to crotch and back up ). Stay away from midrise or low rise pants - chances are, you are yanking your pants up too high to compensate. It's hard to find pants that fit me in the rise, but it can be done. Admittedly, they are a bit " mom jean " at times, so I try to choose styles that are more flattering.

Can't say my husband minds the skirts though ;-)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

It's actually one of the reasons I use tampons instead of a panty liner... my crotch is a black hole, it just sucks everything in! (Yeah, I said it...)

Makes sense you guys are saying to get pants with a bigger crotch, I suppose... Up until the last year or so I've always only worn men's pants which do have a significantly larger crotch. But I'm thin now, I wanna be beautiful too! So I need women's pants with a men's style crotch right? I tailor could do that surely?

Men's pants may be the problem. They aren't cut correctly for women. There are a lot of manufacturers that make curvy or classic cut pants now for women. They are higher in the waist and roomier in the butt and hips. This is exactly what you need. Don't be afraid to go a little larger in the butt and hips. Taking in the waist is easy. Not so much for the hip and thigh area.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I think you should patent crotch extensions for ladies pants.

It would be like the "Ahh Bra" but for your cooch.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    It's totally a clothing issue. How it fits on your body, either the waist is too high, or there needs to be a longer crotch area. Although, I think that yoga/fitness pants tend to make it stand out a bit more than jeans. The material is so soft it can just fold up easier. I found http://www.smoothgroovedesigns.com/ which looked to be like a small hard pad that would prevent it from getting up in there. You could always just spin it and be like my vagina is hungry, don't get enough sausage from the hubs.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    You're husband should not think its funny, but rather an invitation.
    My $.02
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    OMG I just spit out my water reading this post LOL I'm sorry but theres nothing wrong with a little camel toe
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

Umm....no. You just need women's pants that fit properly. Set aside some time to go try on different styles, especially the curvy ones suggested above. Express makes curvy pants that work well for hippy ladies. Good luck!
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    LOVE this thread. The pic from the OP made me LOL. Totally agree with everyone about the fit of the pants and you're getting some good suggestions about how to find better fitting pants. That is all. Carry on.