anyone do insanity?

Options
I've been doing Insanity for the past week (and literally dying its so hard!!).
I've been keeping track of my weight each day and I have gained 2 pounds...my friend who does it says its just muscle and youre not supposed to weigh yourself, but i was hoping to lose weight from it (not gain anymore!)

anyone who has done insanity: did you end up losing weight in the long run???

Replies

• nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi I started Insanity on Monday and from what other people have said its quite normal to stay the same or put on weight in the 1st couple of weeks. It's your muscles retaining water and this will go soon. Don't worry about it and just keep at it ;0)

It is really hard but really good all at the same time. I'm :heart: it :happy:
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I did the first month faithfully. I did not lose anything. I did feel like my clothing fit a little looser though and it seemed like some of that loss came during the recovery week. I started month 2, but I've been having knee problems with all that jumping.... oddly enough since I run marathons and that has zero effect on my knees. I stopped doing it religiously. I do maybe one or two workouts per week.... and instead get my cardio through running and biking.

so the short answer.... after all that long windedness is that I did not lose any weight.
  • JBurger2066
    JBurger2066 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    The first time I did Insanity, I gained during the first few weeks too. But your measurements will start to come down and the weight will adjust too. I ended up losing 9 pounds and gaining muscle after the first 5 weeks. Stick with it, because this workout works. Just put your scale away for a while and don't worry about the weight. I know a lot of people that have done this workout and have had incredible results.
  • braykay23
    braykay23 Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm currently on day 19 and I've only lost 2lbs but my clothes feel a little looser and overall I feel better! It is extremely hard and the first week I thought I might die but it gets a little more tolerable lol. I feel like a champ after I complete a workout though!! I've heard the same thing about the muscles retaining water and that in our second month the weight and inches will start coming off. Let's hope so because I'm not doing this "insane" workout for nothing!!!!!!!!!
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity last year because I had to lose weight for my wedding and only had 5 months to do it in. The results were amazing. My body tightened up so much and by the end of the program, I had lost 20 lbs. It takes some patience but in the long-run it is so worth it.
  • SierraElegance
    SierraElegance Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Are you following the nutrition plan? That is critical to your results-- very important and don't skip it! It probably is your muscles retaining water, but the program absolutely works and keep at it! I loved the results I got from Insanity, and I've done it several times and also went on to Asylum. I was totally dying the first time, I get it! It's super hard, but you will be amazed how much stamina and endurance you will gain cardio-wise alone!
  • CoachMikeSmith
    Options
    Google search D.O.M.S. - Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness.

It isn't unusual to gain some weight in the early stages of a new and demanding program - the additional weight is entirely from water retention, triggered as a defense by the body against the new stress you're imparting to it.

Stick with the program, drink plenty of water (10-12 8oz glasses or more per day), and you should see the weight come off within another week or two.
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    The weight gain is not likely muscle(you should have lost fat and gained muscle) But water from the work on your body- my calves are bigger right now and I can tell they are retaining water- and I do drink 120oz everyday.

Keep at it- I love it and am in the first week myself!
  • kate216
    kate216 Posts: 23
    Options
    thanks everyone!:)
  • IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Love insanity
  • alanaeward
    alanaeward Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm on day 20, for the first week I didn't lose anything but since then I've lost 4lb and 4 inches off my body... I'm following the diet plan with it to help me to get the maximum result I can from it. I've heard the biggest changes come in month 2 though, so if that's right I can't wait for it! It's keeping me motivated!
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I just finshed month 1 and day 1 of wee krecovery. Insanity does work. The trust the scale, check your measurements as the yare alot more accurate. I know i have dropped about 16 inches(1ft 4in) off my body. Huge amount of differance
  • LeighAnnH75
    LeighAnnH75 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am on my fourth week doing insanity and I love it. I am however about to throw my scale out the window lol. I've seen inches lost though so thats good :) I will keep at it! Please feel free to add me. I need some Insane friends! =)
  • alanaeward
    Options
    I've just finished month 1 and recovery week now and I've lost 7lbs and a total of 10.5 inches from around my body! I'm so pleased, patience is a virtue with this programme I honestly believe... Right now on to month 2... Scared!