How long until you saw results?

Options
Okay, so I am just curious, how long did it take before you saw noticeable results.

I've lost 12lbs so far since April 10th and still can't see any noticeable change. Of course Im not at all discouraged because I know eventually I will see a change but I'm just curious how long it took you, and how long you think it might take me?

I'm 5'0 and my CW is 156, when I started I was 168

Replies

• hellokitty41489
    Options
    I don't think I really noticed results personally until about the 20lb mark; though some people commented on it before then. Some people only lose 10lbs and BAM see huge inches lost but mine has been more subtle and kind of an all over loss. If I look at areas of my body it's like "oh I guess I have lost some weight" but I feel like overall when I look at myself I still don't see dramatic results and I'm down 35lbs now.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    To be honest, Im not thinking about it because I dont want to be consumed and mentally be in a hurry for it to show quickly...

I did though, notice that with the heavy-lifting Ive been doing the past three weeks, Ive definitely lost inches in my thighs, waist and arms... my pants have got ALOT of room!

I dont weigh myself ever. Scales are not accurate. Tape-measurements are....
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Mine was around the 20 lb mark- biggest difference was when I started to seriously work out. Then I got more comments from others as well and started to get excited about my progress.
  • Pixie_star1234
    Pixie_star1234 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think that is a great loss. I started my weight loss in January and lost 8 kilograms until now. Very, very slow, but I am just so happy it works!
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm only about 5 lbs down since mid January and I haven't noticed anything :( Other people have made comments, but I feel like they're just doing it to motivate me or it's a placebo thing since most of them know I've been working out. Very discouraging :sad:
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I did not "see" my results, either, although I was down 14 lbs. But once I took progress photos, I "saw" the difference.

Here is the blog-

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/neelia/view/14-lbs-down-in-pics-87371
  • justkrissy
    justkrissy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hmm, okay well thanks! ^_^
  • janders86
    janders86 Posts: 1
    Options
    I read a quote somewhere that it takes 4 weeks for you to notice, 8 weeks for your close friends to notice, and 12 weeks for everyone else to notice. Kind of a sweeping generalization so probably not true for everyone, but seems to be how it's working for me so far.
  • justkrissy
    justkrissy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I read a quote somewhere that it takes 4 weeks for you to notice, 8 weeks for your close friends to notice, and 12 weeks for everyone else to notice. Kind of a sweeping generalization so probably not true for everyone, but seems to be how it's working for me so far.

Yah that is t working for me :P it's been 41 days and I don't notice at all, even though I've lost 13lbs and 1 inch lol! But apparently some of my close family and friends notice a little difference in my face haha! :P