Easy, healthy, cheap-ish ideas for work lunches??

Options
99wishes
99wishes Posts: 6
Hi!
I am looking for some ideas for lunches to bring to work. So ideal ideas would include: not taking up too much space, not too expensive, a tad on the easy and quick side to prepare, and of course - healthy!
If anybody would like to give up some ideas that would be neat. I'm sure we all struggle with coming up with new and exciting food ideas from time to time. ; )

Replies

• Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    leftovers!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Healthy choice has great selection and taste good, buy when they are on sale and stock up. Only work if you have a microwave. Otherwise I agree with left overs.
  • RubysYummyMummy87
    Options
    i take a tuna pasta salad i've made the night before x
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I used to live off reheated stew all the time at work. Just make up 3x as much as you need, freeze into Tupperware, microwave for a few minutes till piping throughout, fend off colleagues who can smell only deliciousness from your plate :)
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    ALDI. Shop at ALDI.

That said, they offer many diet lunch meat and cheese selections, as well and produce. For lunches, I often have the Aldi Fit & Active turkey or chicken with cheese, lettuce, mild peppers and mustard on wheat, pretzels, baby carrots, fat-free Ranch and a piece of fruit.

If you have access to a microwave, they also have Fit & Active hot dogs, Hot Pockets and low cal microwavable pasta dinners.
  • rehey
    rehey Posts: 6
    Options
    www.justbento.com
    This is my favorite website in the world for lunch ideas. Some are more/less work than others, but the focus is healthy! It has a Japanese theme, but includes a lot of recipes that aren't Japanese too.
  • 99wishes
    Options
    ALDI. Shop at ALDI.

That said, they offer many diet lunch meat and cheese selections, as well and produce. For lunches, I often have the Aldi Fit & Active turkey or chicken with cheese, lettuce, mild peppers and mustard on wheat, pretzels, baby carrots, fat-free Ranch and a piece of fruit.

If you have access to a microwave, they also have Fit & Active hot dogs, Hot Pockets and low cal microwavable pasta dinners.

I didn't know that Aldi had all that! I haven't been there in years. When I used to go, it was a lot of junk food that I saw - but I should give them another try. They are pretty cheap too.

Leftovers are a good idea too. I try to make more than what I need for use later, but freezing is an even better idea!
  • 99wishes
    Options
    www.justbento.com
    This is my favorite website in the world for lunch ideas. Some are more/less work than others, but the focus is healthy! It has a Japanese theme, but includes a lot of recipes that aren't Japanese too.

Yes! I've been meaning to get an awesome bento box for a while. I'll have to check this site out; that's nice that they have recipes too.