Date Night - What's your go to?

Options
PinkEarthMama
PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
Tonight is date night, and I'm all out of ideas :-(

Hubby loves the movies.... I hate them. ( I am ALWAYS bored )

I'm on crutches, so no bowling, or playing pool, or going for long walks along the river.

What do YOU do?

Replies

• booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    get drunk and see where the night goes? :)
  • PinkEarthMama
    Options
    The night will go there regardless! Drunk people should stay off crutches though LOL
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Last night we went out and bought another PS2 together... and a memory card for the Game Cube... Was super romantic... :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jamm2000
    jamm2000 Posts: 79
    Options
    Dinner is always the perfect choice. You gotta eat, right? Plus it forces us to sit and have a conversation whereas usually we are both so busy we never really get to just talk.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    We tend to do dinner and movie a lot, but last night my guy grilled dinner for us and then we went out and got coffee. We just sat in the mall and drank it while we talked and people watched. It was nice. =)
  • Indolent
    Indolent Posts: 12
    Options
    Can married people have dates?

With each other, I mean ;-)
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Horse drawn carriage ride or some other romantic sight seeing sit down affair.
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    What about packing up a blanket and picnic and sit by the river if the weather is good? cuddle, people watch and just waste some time together :)
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Our fave things to do--

Go wine tasting or to a nice bar for adult beverages
    Go eat at our fave sushi place (going to do that tomorrow actually)
    Go see a play
    Just get out the house together and grab tea/coffee/have a chat
    See a movie (which I know you said isn't your thing)

We are pretty low key LOL!
  • TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    After 22 years we still have date night once a week. Sometimes it is just coffee made at home and a walk to reconnect. But last night was dinner out ( at a place that was far too busy with lots of noise but it left us people watching and hen great convo happened after) It is the little things!
  • MommaNicole22
    Options
    Last date me and my husband had...we went ceramic painting! was super fun :) then went to dinner.
  • blowsfire
    blowsfire Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    go to the neighborhood hang out, have a couple, lock the doors back home and have "fun"!-
    OR take turns picking a movie at the theatre.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Usually I steal reservations at fine dining restaurants then get mixed up in a wealthy politicians night life. Or dinner at some place we've never eaten before.
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    A dueling Piano bar! They have some here in LA. They're soooo fun! U sit back, have drinks, some dinner and its like 2 stand up comedians battling each other on piano covering classic tunes and having the audience interact
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    When we don't have the kids (which is never), we like to go out. But if we can't or don't feel like it, we like to watch a movie in bed (un-interupted) with shrimp or another "Treat yourself" snack. Get some good takeout to eat at home along with something YOU like to do! :smile:
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    What is this 'Date Night' you speak of? :wink: We could use one!
  • PinkEarthMama
    Options
    We have very reliable childcare - Every single weekend. I have 6 kids in my home from 7am to 5 pm M-F, unless my older two are home.... and then I have 8.

If we didn't have date night, I might throttle the children. Especially now that going to the gym is on hold!
  • FatKidAtHeart88
    FatKidAtHeart88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I second the ceramic painting. It is a lot of fun :)

Sitting in the mall and people watching can be fun. I like getting a smoothie.

I like museums and art exhibits. The aquarium is pretty cool too.

Go for a drive and see where you end up?
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    We tend to have date nights in and cook elaborate meals at home. We really enjoy food but since we moved last year, we are now in an area with basically no decent dining options. Back home, we would go out to interesting restaurants and bars, to the ballet, to art events, we were pretty creative. We even went to a cat show once.