Just starting

Options
basia206
basia206 Posts: 1 Member
It is so slow. I have a Fitbit. I love Myfitnesspal. I know what to do. But I fight myself. I need some motivation. Friends to keep me on track. I'm a single mom and work fulltime. Too many other things take my attention away from myself. I have a long way to go and would like to have some hints from those of you that have been successful or are facing the same challenges for support. I am very knowlegeable about foods. calories, what works but since there is no "program" like Weight Watcher's telling you what to do, I am wondering how many are successful just following recommended guidelines. Should I be setting my carb goals lower because I know that is a problem and wight comes off faster if I do? What is the best carb leveL Zero works great, but I can't keep that up for long. I really have a hard time finding time to do any organized exercise but I do alot of work around the house and yard. How do you count that? Anyway, here I am. Glad to be here and hoping I can last this time.

Replies

• TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your life change.
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    As far as exercise stuff goes....I set my activity levels super low so I cn count everything. Not that I count everything, but I do count what is significant (i.e when I break a sweat cleaning house....I don't count every time I do dishes or vacuum). I've lost 19.5 pounds just watching what I put in my mouth. I am over on my sugar more often than not because I eat sweets all the time. I try to use good common sense, which you seem to have, to keep my levels in check....I'm doing ok without a program telling me what to do. Too organized for me.
  • GiGi0004
    GiGi0004 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started this week with MFP. I am just counting my calories and exercising. I can't do without carbs or at least some carbs. I am trying to stay motivated and I hope to see the scale move down for a change. I have also done WW and it works too when you follow the program. Some where on this site (I think under the strength training) you can find exercises and working in the yard and house work are listed there. I didn't check to see how many calories you burn doing that stuff but it is better than doing nothing. Good luck!