Weekends are tough!

Options
Does anyone else find the weekends particularly difficult sticking to a diet? I find it much easier to stick to a routine during the week, on the weekend it feels impossible to stay away from the bad stuff!

Replies

• Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    its not the weekend factor, its the unhealthy friends factor.
  • smcantu82
    smcantu82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! I love the weekend because it means off work, but at the same time dread it because I feel I'm not strong enough to MAKE myself get up and work out or eat better. Last week I lost 6 pounds...then came Saturday and Sunday and by Monday I had gained 4 of my lost pounds back :o/ ALL my hard work from the week before GONE!!! I worked out all this last week and have managed to get the 4 lbs off again plus an additonal 2 lbs...I don't want to waste my hard work from last week so this morning I MADE myself get up out of bed, jumped on the treadmill for 35 minutes and while everyone else went out for McDonald's, I made myself a breakfast shake for around 200 calories! It's all a game of mind over matter...you can do it! Maybe for now you can still have a smaller portion of the "bad stuff" just don't indulge. I know, MUCH easier said than done, but it CAN be done! Good luck to you and have a great weekend.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Hear ya! Pick one night for a few treats...then back on it! Im the exact same!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    its not the weekend factor, its the unhealthy friends factor.

True as well.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Weekends are hardest for me.. my food choices are definitely much worse. Still tho, I try to just eat in moderation and stay with-in my calories. Drink tons of water when Monday and Tuesday rolls around to rid my body of that sodium I took in. During the week, routine is easy and I tend to just eat the groceries that I have. On the weekends I eat out a lot and I travel a lot too, so I rarely get a solid workout in.

I've found that if I stay at a calorie deficit I don't gain weight. I might hold on to some water and the scale won't move til the sodium flushes out.. but I still consistently lose something every week.
  • bawalker11
    bawalker11 Posts: 78
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone, good to know I am not the only one loving the weekend off of work but dreading trying to stick to the diet as my husband snacks on a lovely cheese bread roll next to me . . . isn't he evil? :wink: Thanks for all of the suggestions!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I have friends coming over on SUnday...WITH A GINORMOUS PIZZA :sick:
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    my daughter is my problem, she cooks roast dinners which are fine but she piles my plate up so high.
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Weekends are my downfall! I can be good all week then waste it with takeaways at the weekend :(
  • limbopanto
    limbopanto Posts: 25
    Options
    Yep! When I'm sat around at home, it's so easy to just snack all day and overindulge out of boredom. I just try to keep myself busy and out of the house. Exercise helps a lot too :)
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    I only have problems on days that end in "Y".
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It's the drinks on the weekend that kill me. We have a bad habit of going out to dinner on weekends , and end up meeting friends and having a few drinks. Fun, but blows my weekend day. I try to exercise in the morning on the weekends just so I can make up for the extra calories I will be having later that night.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else find the weekends particularly difficult sticking to a diet? I find it much easier to stick to a routine during the week, on the weekend it feels impossible to stay away from the bad stuff!

If you're dedicated to yourself and your health, it shouldn't matter when it is.
  • wellbur
    wellbur Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I agree totally.... to many temptations.... try not to let it get to me though.... life is to short you have to enjoy your weekend and if that includes food then so be it as long as i am good rest of week i can deal with it. just takes longer to lose the weight
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I think the key is planning my meals out...and I mean all meals. I try to leave room for a snack or two if I can. That way I know that anything outside of the plan is extra, and it helps me to resist cravings early on. If I find that I have a craving that been driving me crazy all morning, I go and earn it by burning 1.5 - 2 times the amount of calories it will cost me. That way I Don't feel as bad.
  • PolkadotH
    PolkadotH Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Weekends USED to be tough.
    I work weekends and once I got my colleague on board and being supportive we motivate each other into eating healthy. Once you have people who are going on the with you and motivate you it will make it x10 easier! :)
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, weekends are usually when I am way under on my calorie intake because they are when I usually have the time to go out and do some heavy exercise.
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    The structure of the workweek helps me make a plan and stick to it. The weekend means unscheduled hang outs, stopping by a fast food place for a quick bit or people showing up at my house with food. The more I can plan ahead the better but the weekends are for free time, which usually means free grazing for me. Blah! :(
  • mustangjohnny
    Options
    I am more strict with myself during the week due to work. I make my breakfast , pack my lunch, and eat a fairly good dinner. On weekends, I an not on a schedule- so it makes it not as structured for me. I dont do badly, just not as good. I try to exercise more just in case I do have a beer or go out for dinner.